Map: Ladakh & Zanskar (All routes)

Excellent work Harsh !!

I know the map is not complete, but request you to add these places whenever you get time

1. Hamboting La (On Kargil - Batalik - Leh route)

2. Daulat Ol Begi (don't know where, maybe tsk can tell)

3. Tyakshi (I guess 4 or 6 kms from Turtuk) One can go there after taking special permission from I guess its the Bihar Regiment.

4. Also would be good to include Manali to Zing Zing Bar section so people know they have to cross the Rohtang monster :p

Cheers !
Correctly said Vinci. I do need to add Hamboting La on the map. I would refrain from marking DBO as there's no motorable route till there yet. And even if it exists, I do not know of any person who has gone there by road in a vehicle.

Another good point about Tyakshi, will add that too. I agree, I need to add the Manali - Leh stretch in its entirety as well to this map. This would help me add the Darcha - Zanskar Sumdo as well, not to mention the Pangi valley. Probably after my trip to Pangi in Oct, I would be in a better position to mark out Sach, Pangi, upper & lower Lahaul as well as Manali - Lahaul stretch.

Last edited:

BINU NANDA

Good guide. But How to get out of Padum. U mean , travel back on the same 250 km odd route back. I came to know that a road from padum to some where in Himachal is made but not officially opened.
Similarly, there is a road from Padum to Leh . Is that so . Please guide.
Thanks

Good guide. But How to get out of Padum. U mean , travel back on the same 250 km odd route back. I came to know that a road from padum to some where in Himachal is made but not officially opened.
Similarly, there is a road from Padum to Leh . Is that so . Please guide.
Thanks
As of now there is only one way to reach and get out of padum, i..e, via kargil. Both the routes that you speak of are still under construction and will take at least 3 more years to complete.

Alpha

Going to Neverland
Hey Harsh, you can further update the map - the road from Tsaga to Loma is all pucca now. No 4X4 required.

TIMAP

It will be of great use to fellow travellers and it gives a very very good idea of all the roads in a region at one time. Thanks a lot.