Maruti ciaz vxi + tyre noise

Parveen_Choudhary

Dear friends
I have a Maruti ciaz which is going to one year old this 30th November.Done 17000 km so far.Since beginning I am facing tyre noise issue particularly on road having little gravels.I have searched net a lot for this but so far not find any solution.I am chauffeur driven mostly so when ever I am free this intrusive noise bother me a lot.The tyres are Med zvts.Will upgrade to bigger tyre and brand help?
Plz help.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is your car fitted with 15" rims or 16"?
Which tyres are these - Med zvts? MRF ZVTS?
Changing to quieter tyres would help - Michelin Energy XM2 or Yokohama Earth 1.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
However, it is a fact that the interiors of the Ciaz are not as quiet as they ought to be for a premium segment car. Maruti has gone a tad wrong on the cost cutting.
But then, Honda is doing the same for the Indian market! :roll:

The lower variants of the Ciaz (Zxi, Vxi+, Vxi) get 15 inch MRF's which are abundantly noisy. Only the 16 inchers on the higher (ZXi+ and RS) variants have controlled road noise.

As someone else suggested its better to upgrade for Michelins or Yokohama if budget permits or else Goodyears and Bridgestones are also quiet and reliable.

I do not have good opinion on Good year, though they return good kmpl
Well, my earlier car came with factory installed Goodyears from GT3 series. They had excellent grip, long life and well controlled road noise. Ofcourse the noise control was not the very best (when compared with yokohamas and michelins) but still it fared much better when put up against comparable tyres from Apollo.

Parveen_Choudhary

Dear friends
I have a Maruti ciaz which is going to one year old this 30th November.Done 17000 km so far.Since beginning I am facing tyre noise issue particularly on road having little gravels.I have searched net a lot for this but so far not find any solution.I am chauffeur driven mostly so when ever I am free this intrusive noise bother me a lot.The tyres are Med zvts.Will upgrade to bigger tyre and brand help?
Plz help.
Hi friends
Finally I have done 77000 KM with these MRF zvts. Although still going strong but I don’t want to tolerate tyre noise anymore .Please suggest a quieter tyre.Do I need to get the suspension checked before changing tyre since my car produce a thud sound while going over potholes .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: IJS