Meerut to Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station..How?

hraj

Dear Friends,

My wife and kids would be travelling from Meerut to NZM railway station to catch Bangalore Rajdhani (Dep-08:45 pm) on 13th of may Friday,Advice required about..

1. Is taxi/cab service is available for drop?
2. How much time will it require?
3. Approx cost for cab/taxi.

Any other advice
Thanks

jeetcp

Mediocre me
To catch at 8:45 pm, you should leave Meerut 3 hour minimum. Meerut does have a many local taxi services, many near bus stand and railway station. Inquire locally. I guess they should be charging Rs 10 for Indica +return so effectively Rs 20 per KM and for a distance of 60+60 the cost comes to 2400 which is absurd. So I guess they will be happy dropping you for something like 1500 in an AC indica kind of car.

Rohit Kothari

Super User
I would agree with jeetcp. Try bargaining for an ac indica for a drop to nzm stn. And yes please keep atleast 3 hrs. You would be entering NCR in peak hours and the route form Meerut to Delhi is jam prone.

Rohit Kothari

Super User
I guess diesel cab and taxi's are entering to Delhi after court lifted the ban! Also is odd/even is still on?
No problems with anything right now. Just ensure that you have sufficient time to counter the traffic. Another option could be to board a passenger(local) train running between Meerut and Delhi. However, that may not be very practical given that you are travelling with wife and kids.
A taxi is the best option.

When you start from Meerut, use google maps to check for nasty traffic on the routes.

hraj

Thanks @Rohit Kothari. Only my wife and kids will be traveling, I am at Bangalore;](*,) no leaves:(.
I had checked for train also it is reaching too early to NZM and we did not consider other station as they will be coming alone and with lots of luggage. I think taxi would be best and they had spoken to one local taxi guy he is charging Rs 1600 i think its a good deal. They will be starting from Meerut some where around 4-4.30pm.

Rohit Kothari

Super User
Thanks @Rohit Kothari. Only my wife and kids will be traveling, I am at Bangalore;](*,) no leaves:(.
I had checked for train also it is reaching too early to NZM and we did not consider other station as they will be coming alone and with lots of luggage. I think taxi would be best and they had spoken to one local taxi guy he is charging Rs 1600 i think its a good deal. They will be starting from Meerut some where around 4-4.30pm.
Yep. That sounds fine.

jeetcp

Mediocre me
Yes, start at 4 from Meerut. If all goes fine, you will be at platform by 6:30. If you start 30 min late, your journey will take 1 hour more.

There are no trains from Meerut to NZM. Use the Taxi.

Evening traffic will run in opposite of your direction so dont worry, but do take this buffer time. This is not a good route.

hraj

Yep. That sounds fine.
Yes, start at 4 from Meerut. If all goes fine, you will be at platform by 6:30. If you start 30 min late, your journey will take 1 hour more.

There are no trains from Meerut to NZM. Use the Taxi.

Evening traffic will run in opposite of your direction so dont worry, but do take this buffer time. This is not a good route.
Thanks for your valuable suggestion,I really appreciate it.