Metro train

diptithakkar

In Mumbai, Metro train is possible?
I just heard about mumbai metro train's construction work is start.
So i asking u that is it true?

Last edited:

sparsharun

dint understand the ques..
do mean that does it exist.. answer is no..
if you mean is it possible to construct it.. answer is it is already been made..

mountaintrekker.india

Mountain Trekker
dint understand the ques..
do mean that does it exist.. answer is no..
if you mean is it possible to construct it.. answer is it is already been made..

Work on the 11-km Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar corridor, which comes under Phase-I, has begun on February 8, 2008. Construction of the route is expected to be completed in three years.

for more - click this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumbai_Metro

mobin

After examining a number of alternative

The Government of Maharashtra (GOM) through MMRDA, in order to improve the traffic and transportation scenario in Mumbai.The study recommended a mass transit corridor from Andheri to Ghatkopar as potentially bankable and economically viable, after examining a number of alternative corridors and alignments. This study was updated by MMRDA in May 2004. In the mean time, DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation) prepared the master plan for Mumbai metro, wherein they have recommended to extend Andheri-Ghatkopar section to Versova as part of the master plan and identified as priority corridor for implementation.

------------

Mobi

drivenwide

Last edited:

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe we should talk about this when the 'first' section has been commissioned?
There have been far too many PROMISES that simply haven't materialized!

LLL

Maybe we should talk about this when the 'first' section has been commissioned?
There have been far too many PROMISES that simply haven't materialized!
Spot on. I have been hearing about this since 1993. I dont think they have any skills to implement to such a project..they havent been able to fix the waterlogging due to rains since last so many years and this is a yearly occurence.

Salil

Administrator
Staff member
Spot on. I have been hearing about this since 1993. I dont think they have any skills to implement to such a project..they havent been able to fix the waterlogging due to rains since last so many years and this is a yearly occurence.
That's true with Delhi as well. Enter DMRC...

eddy

Are you saying DMRC is solving problems? Sorry, I'm a bit lost.
Why ?

DMRC has completed all milestones on time, if not ahead of time. They have maintained the system well. they are earning operating profits. The people are much more comfortable travelling in the metro than buses and autos.

Of course, DMRC was not meant to solve all the travel related problems but it has done what it was supposed to, and pretty well.