Microwave Oven- Safe or Unsafe

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
Hi,

Planning to buy a microwave over with convection. Have heard some theories about it being a silent killer and stuff. Would like to know if its really harmful or one can use it without any fear.

Regards

tsk1979

Reclaimed and Recycled
Yes its very unsafe. you cannot sit inside the microwave and you will be cooked. However, outside you are totally safe as microwaves are non ionizing radiations. Your wifi may not be very happy though due to interference.

The silent killer part is a myth. I am sure if you are inside, your screams will be heard a mile away

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
As for your query, Prasham, I would only like to say that it is the mind that is your biggest enemy. Have faith and believe that what millions are doing cannot be specifically harmful to you, if indeed it is harmful at all! Technology is very impartial and non-selective about what it will do to who! Worry and suspicion are far worse for your health than a microwave oven (particularly in convection mode, as you mentioned)!

Prasham

Gotcha.. :)

Aab suggest what should I look into while buying a Microwave (with convection). Also suggest some models if you have anything in mind.

Prasham

One more think I wanted to know. I saw a few options in Flipkart / Amazon. Most of the negative reviews are due to lack of timely support for Demo / Installation. FB has clearly mentioned that purchaser must get it installed from a company authorized engineer or a Flipkart Engineer to avoid trouble with warranty, later on.

I wish to know what's he need of Installation / Demo. Isn't it a plug and play kind of device?

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wish to know what's he need of Installation / Demo. Isn't it a plug and play kind of device?
It is a plug and play appliance. The company rep is required for those who are first time buyers.
You could also check out Croma, if there is one near your place. They usually have nice/useful freebies bundled with their microwave ovens. They stock almost all brands and their house brand is not bad either. Good warranty.

himmatsingh

Himmat singh
There is no fear from these microwaves. These microwave has upgraded features. After the heat is heated, the automatic cools down