Mid size motorcycle for Commuting

Mandar_C500

@Mandar_C500
Actually go with the Dominar400 with eyes closed -i didn't buy it just because I wanted the Himalayan for so long and finally took the plunge

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
From the reviews (again) mileage of 2019 Dominar is somewhere around 23-25 KMPL in city and 30 KMPL on Highway, if it is true, then its a deal breaker for me.
Sorry, adding one more bike Xpulse 200 for its rugged nature, light weight (on pocket too) and long suspension travel.
Any news on xpulse 300 (rumors are floating around).
Regarding avenger, no offence to the owners, I never liked the shape of it.

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
From the reviews (again) mileage of 2019 Dominar is somewhere around 23-25 KMPL in city and 30 KMPL on Highway, if it is true, then its a deal breaker for me.
Sorry, adding one more bike Xpulse 200 for its rugged nature, light weight (on pocket too) and long suspension travel.
Any news on xpulse 300 (rumors are floating around).
Regarding avenger, no offence to the owners, I never liked the shape of it.
Actually rode the Xp200 after buying the Himi-a good bike indeed-totally sufficient for in town running around and must be great at off roading too

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

M.D.Saab

What is your height?
If not too tall, Avenger 220 is pretty decent for a commute and occasional long rides.
Dominar is good, but that's not a cruiser.
Hi,
I am 5'8" and weight around 88 Kgs.
I am borrowing Avenger from my Brother but not a Bajaj fan anymore.
I found it under power and not even considering it.

M.D.Saab

Have you
From the reviews what I have learnt that, its a powerful (than FZ 250) but not exciting, also it didn't justify the extra price over FZ25.
As per friends from riding circle, getting Dominar 400 by paying 10K more is a wise decision.

I am confused with FZ25 / Gixxer 250 / Dominar 400 / REH.
What about Honda CB300R. Its a naked bike too. Good Ride quality.
Benelli India also have couple of bikes like Leoncino 500, thou service support is doubtful.

M.D.Saab

BMW
If I had some more money, I would have had invested it in BMW 310 GS.

Of course, its pricey but the comfort on it was something that I have not felt before. Since I have been riding kTM rc 390 for like 6 years now, I loved BMW 310 GS.

When I brought Rc 390, I used to ride it at speeds more than 160-165 kmph in Bangalore, but that was when I was not married.

Now I wish I had a bike like Avenger or BMW 310 GS. RE is too much for me and will never buy it. Have had it in my home since I was born, when RE had gear on right side and brakes on left side with a lever for kicking back the gears into neutral.

Avenger 220 seems to be the most apt choice. I took it on rent in Nainital and even though I am 5ft 11 inches, I felt quite comfortable on it.

With my wife as pillion, I loved the freeness that came with the bike. Bike always felt in control even in the terrains where bikes skid.
BMW G 310, share same engine as of TVS RR310. I spare's cost is massive (read it somewhere). I hope BMW/TVS has worked out on spare cost.

sheeraz

Hi BCMians,
How are you all??
I am writing to seek your advice on suggestions of a bike.
I took time to convince my self that I am ready again to ride a bike.
Now days, I am totally dependent on car comfort (owns a MS Alto and Toyota Yaris)

Now that I'm 35 (wrong side of 30s) I feel drawn towards comfortable cruisers much more. I prefer sitting like a king to being crouched like a mouse (no offence to sport bike lovers, I used to love Sports bike, when I was in School)

Requirements
  1. Cruiser
  2. Comfortable
  3. Mid sized engine (Anywhere between 200-600cc is sufficient)
  4. Smooth engine and low vibrations on the handlebars (Are 2 or more cylinders necessary for this?)
  5. Reasonably reliable - Don't want to visit mechanics regularly
  6. Doesn't heat up in traffic (Had a bad experience with Harley)
  7. Preferably local and well known brand
  8. Budget: 2-5 lakhs

Usage
Occasional commute in not-so-heavy traffic, weekend errands and Escape-from-Work short rides to cool down. I'm may plan to go on long rides in a group or solo trip (you never know)

Last Ride
A well maintained, Yamaha RX100 that didn't gave me any major problems. Sold it few years back, I was keen to have it till date, until buried under work load and missed riding it on weekends. Bajaj Avenger in the family. Younger brother still owns it and a Bajaj Wind 125 during my college days.

Short Lists
RE Thunderbird 350x. Looks much more modern and delicious. But I prefer the bent bars on the 350 that let me sit straight up over the 350x. But the two deal breakers are too much vibrations and abysmal reliability. Which is a bummer, as it would have been the perfect bike for me.

Interceptor 650 Not a cruiser. Seats not comfortable (looks like). Quality (doubtful being RE) isn't good enough for the price. Reviews of Engine and suspensions are good.

Honda Rebel 300 (Upcoming). Seems like the perfect bike for my requirements. Only known con is I don't like the looks half as much as the Thunderbird. And it might not feel like a real cruiser and Gods knows when Honda is going to launch it

Dominor 400. I had a Bajaj Wind 125 during my college days. Love it or hate it but you can't ignore Bajaj products.

Jawa-Perak and 42. Heard a lot of stories of Jawa from my uncles. Even Both bikes are head turners. Doubts on its service and reliability factor. Loved Perak's looks and specifications, but its a hobber not cruiser.

I'm looking for advice from this highly experienced forum.

I am in no hurry to buy a bike as I am borrowing Bajaj Avenger from brother, may be in next 6 months to avail year ending benefits.
Thank you
I feel BMW GS310 would be an apt choice for you. Right now, there is enough BS4 stock in showrooms and your deal certainly would close under 3 Lakhs. So if you are OK with a BS4 version check about it.

M.D.Saab

I feel BMW GS310 would be an apt choice for you. Right now, there is enough BS4 stock in showrooms and your deal certainly would close under 3 Lakhs. So if you are OK with a BS4 version check about it.
Paying excessive (3 Times than TVS) just for brand?? Doesn't make any sense.
I am inclining to Himalayan BS6 or Jawa Perak.