Minimum riding gear for Ladakh ride

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Neither are shoes from Woodland or similar companies! In any case, if you have a waterproof shoe, then it would be too hot and uncomfortable to wear in even moderately hot condition, because there would be absolutely no air flow in a heavy shoe made up of leather!

Dimitrz

Reclaim your life
Precisely my point - the OP was looking for a waterproof biking shoe

so if you spend 5k for Cramster you get a shoe which is not great for anything else but biking but is useless in water so to speak

and if he spends more and gets a waterproof biking shoe then he wont be able to use it in plains - where most of our rips happen and what about the rain which comes from top - it can still enter a waterproof shoe with wide top

so inorder to prevent that we need a rain boot cover - so again we are back to square one :)

But I do agree that if the question is safety then a proper biking boot is the way but then again not all mortals have that kind of money - its a luxury to have a 5K + riding boot, plus a 4k + good trekking shoes plus 2k + casual shoe plus 2k + formal shoes

Its very hard to imagine an investment of close to 15k on shoes

vinodpv

Just a thought, will shoes(boots) like these be any helpful?

5075.jpg

Known as army boots, made of water resistant leather and is of course, strong. I'm not sure of the comfort level, need to check with army guys :)

asura

Just a thought, will shoes(boots) like these be any helpful?

Known as army boots, made of water resistant leather and is of course, strong. I'm not sure of the comfort level, need to check with army guys :)
In my opinion,they would be better than slippers/sandals/sports shoes.Might be comparable to hiking boots in terms of protection.Not in terms of comfort though.

I believe dedicated riding boots are way better if protection is the main requirement.They have reinforced ankle,toe support,soles with great traction,etc.They would prevent your ankle from twisting in case of an accident.For most protection,mx boots are the best but they are stiff and uncomfortable off the bike.

sandeep

More Journeys To Come
i did manali leh srinagar with these army boots last week.......................i felt no comfort problem.........they were sturdy....waterproof to some extent.........
well for guys like me who depend on parents for money and are not ...army boots are nice bet.....as far as ankle protection is concerned wear anklets(used by sports person) they are tight and provide ample protection or you can used football shin gaurds ,they have ankle protection........for hands use postmortem gloves on top of woolen ones...............

Attachments