Minimum riding gear for Ladakh ride

adv.sunny

the touring Seikh
What will be the price for better quality elbow and knee guards and saddle bag with links please.

Anjan Sarma

@Sunny - don't buy anything not
Bhavishya Ji (rawadventures.co.in) coming here in kolkata on January'2010 (Rider Mania) with his "jackets and stuff".. :D
I think we can arrange a Kolkata g2g for him and know about his riding product.
:)

adv.sunny

the touring Seikh
Anjan-da, i will buy a saddle bag and elbow and knee guards instead of the whole jacket and riding pants. Your saddle bag is nice, but I think my bike's exhaust is not straight, nor inclined, its semi inclined, the bigger version of the saddle bag might fit on my bike. I am yet to measure the length.

adv.sunny

the touring Seikh
@Sunny - don't buy anything not
Bhavishya Ji (rawadventures.co.in) coming here in kolkata on January'2010 (Rider Mania) with his "jackets and stuff".. :D
I think we can arrange a Kolkata g2g for him and know about his riding product.
:)
good idea. If I get things over here, I dont have to go to Delhi to buy my goodies. boots bought, saddle bag i will buy with your help Anjan-da :)

I may end up buying the jacket from the link you gave Anjan-da. I will call Bhavishya-ji tomorrow.

Last edited:

Dimitrz

Reclaim your life
for elbow and knee guard - K11
K11 seems good but somehow not too confident as it seems too cost effective- are they really giving the entire set for less than 2 k?

Check out the quality and also check if the protection is for motorcycling and not just adventure sports - big difference :)

If the quality is good then seems like a good deal

Ps: as Yogesh said a complete jacket is any day better than just elbow and knee protector

adv.sunny

the touring Seikh
@admin: I have changed my decision and going for a jacket but no riding pants, instead knee protectors. I have read in xbhp the review of this jacket.

@Dimitrz: yes it is for motorcycle, check out the website, you will get it.

JK-17 if zeroed my choice in this one. I dont want thermal liners, i will wear in layers and for rain, i will prefer raincoat, instead of waterproof jacket. will it be a good buy? Since this guy is coming in Kolkata with his stuffs in January, i will get the chance to meet him in person and check out things with my own hand. good quality pics of the jacket is in scoyco website.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
K11 seems good but somehow not too confident as it seems too cost effective- are they really giving the entire set for less than 2 k?

Check out the quality and also check if the protection is for motorcycling and not just adventure sports - big difference :)

If the quality is good then seems like a good deal

Ps: as Yogesh said a complete jacket is any day better than just elbow and knee protector
Actually knee and elbow protectors sets are easily available for Rs. 1200-1800 in Delhi at Chopra helmets.