Mintu-Canon600D Beginner Photographer

mintu

Neeraj Sharma
Here is the detail of the last pic. The focus and shooting point is might be not clear, please guide me .
shooting detail.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Neeraj,
One important point I noticed in your pictures which had narrow depth of field. The point of focus is not on the subject. This is very critical when shooting wide open. What focusing system/points are you using? The best for landscape is to shooting Single Shot-Center Focus Point and focus recompose method. When shooting macro or portraits (narrow dof) use the relevant focusing point that coincides with the subject in the frame. Even a little camera movement before click will render your subject out of focus due to narrow dof.
Henry
I have used the Auto focus shooting point for the some pics and for some pics the manual single focus point. "The best for landscape is to shooting Single Shot-Center Focus Point and focus recompose method. When shooting macro or portraits (narrow dof) use the relevant focusing point that coincides with the subject in the frame. Even a little camera movement before click will render your subject out of focus due to narrow dof."
This is related to metering system? For all the pics my metering system is evaluation metering point. is this is the effect?

Chetan Kulkarni

Super User
I noticed that in your settings you have kept Long exposure noise reduction, High ISO speed noise reduction, auto lighting optimizer and peripheral lighting as "ON". The Long exposure noise reduction would especially cause images to be blurry. Turn all of these off and check if you get better results.

Will get around to the focusing question after a while (will require more time :)) in case someone else does not address it before me.

mintu

Neeraj Sharma
Thanks a lot for all for the valuable feedback. I know i am missing something and the suggestions and practicing improves my skills.

mintu

Neeraj Sharma
Hi All,

Just want a suggestion,,, In this pic the whole portion is not in focus, I felt some part is out of Focus, can you please guide me how to took the pics like this,
Fstop f/13
shutter speed 1/125
ISO100
IMG_8807.jpg

oriole12

Nature Lover
To me, the focus all over is acceptable. The only point here would be the shadow portion on the left bottom. A bit of Shadow/Highlight application would have improved the details in the shadows. I also feel the scene could have been possibly reframed excluding the shadow area. Otherwise a good image!

mintu

Neeraj Sharma
To me, the focus all over is acceptable. The only point here would be the shadow portion on the left bottom. A bit of Shadow/Highlight application would have improved the details in the shadows. I also feel the scene could have been possibly reframed excluding the shadow area. Otherwise a good image!
Thanks a lot for reply Sir, Actually this image is not processed and I pasted it as it is taken from camera. I thought the buildings are not in focus so want to know , what I am missing.

- - - Updated - - -

Which portion particularly you feel is not in focus?
henry
Center part of the image.. Sir

- - - Updated - - -

Comments and Feedback's are welcomed
1184931_10153193232625357_1763744221_n.jpg

hensil

Guru
This pic. is fine. It will go well as street photography. But did you notice the high contrast? Due to high contrast the people got lost in the darker background. Did you add the contrast in post process or is your camera set that way? Rectify that.
Henry