Mobile phone suggestion needed

codelust

Shyam
Well got the phone half an hour back, though not in the color I wanted (black). However it came with a free 1GB micro sd card, which was a nice surprise.
The SDs are of a pretty decent capacity these days. Still remember when I bought the Razr V2 and got a 256 MB card with it. My year-old E71 has 2 GB and I think I still have my Curve's card lying around somewhere. I don't really care much about the capacity since I don't listen to any music on the phone.

You would be getting a BSNL connection for it, right?

Admin01

Administrator
Neither do I, however I was planning to buy one as listing hadn't mentioned anything about it. Mainly thinking of using it for audio ebooks (I hate reading books), cause I don't have a wireless headphone for the computer and don't want to use speakers for it, as they disturb everyone. This is where it would help.

Planning to get a postpaid MTNL connection this weekend, it would do roaming on BSNL network, so should work wonderfully, once I am out of Delhi :D

codelust

Shyam
Ah, I am wired exactly the other way round, I just love being able to hold a book and flip through the pages and being a bit off up there I prefer the narration in my mind with its own imagined voice than someone else's. So no audio books for me either.

What are the data charges on MTNL? I have been looking to split my phone usage for a while by getting a second number. Do they allow you to pay the bill online?

Admin01

Administrator
There is an unlimited usage plan which I think costs Rs. 400 per month, while I am planning to get the zero rental plan (going to only use it while traveling or while the DSL is down), which charges 1 paisa per kb.

abhijithora

Well got the phone half an hour back, though not in the color I wanted (black). However it came with a free 1GB micro sd card, which was a nice surprise.
Is the mobile under mauf. warranty..did you got a genuine bill

Is ebay good for purchasing Mobiles & Ipod's

Admin01

Administrator
Yes it is under Nokia India warranty and I got a bill for it. You just have to check the listing to make sure whether or not manufacturer warranty is mentioned.