Motorcycle Touring Guide

Biswadeep.s

Extremely good article. Thank you for this n behalf of all motorcycle tourists. I have a couple of quires. I have TVS Apache 150 cc bike. I love traveling and on Sundays riding 250-300 km on highways for practice. My next plan to travel across India from Surat to Kolkata by NH-6 with in 10 days (includes visit near by tourist spots) alone. Whether my bike can travel this 2500 km. As my height is 164 cm I decided to go for Apache which is little short height. Please comment on the plan and my bike.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Biswadeep welcome to BCMTouring, good to know that you found this article useful.

With respect to your upcoming trip and whether or not your bike would be to travel for 2500+ kms, well motorcycles are almost never the weak link in a trip! Unless of course you are planning to tackle too steep a gradient or overload it with luggage.

Apart from that, if your bike is in good condition and you ride within her limits, nothing should go wrong and the bike should be able to do it all with ease. Of course there are instances when things do go wrong, but that is some thing that can happen with any motorcycle and rider.

So don’t worry about it too much, just prepare for the worst and hope for the best and enjoy every thing that comes your way. Heck the biggest problem one faces on a trip; ends up being the most memorable part of it and after a while you look back at it and get a good laugh out of it! That is what motorcycle touring is all about :)

hitanshu

Master of the OT Universe
Just keep good gear. 2500km means you'd make way for thousands of pedestrians, few hundred cattle crossing the road, and innumerable trucks.

Be Prepared! :)

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
Extremely good article. Thank you for this n behalf of all motorcycle tourists. I have a couple of quires. I have TVS Apache 150 cc bike. I love traveling and on Sundays riding 250-300 km on highways for practice. My next plan to travel across India from Surat to Kolkata by NH-6 with in 10 days (includes visit near by tourist spots) alone. Whether my bike can travel this 2500 km. As my height is 164 cm I decided to go for Apache which is little short height. Please comment on the plan and my bike.
I am short tooo... about your height... I have a TVS Apache too but the new RTR...

I don't have a next plan yet... But welcome to BCMT

ykas

I am not much of a rider but am planning to have a trip to leh would u suggest me a bike for the trip

GulzarSethi

Wedding Photographer
Hi Ykas, for a trip to leh, any bike 150 CC+ will do, from Unicorn to Pulsar, zma... or mighty RE, it actually depend on you as on which bike you will be more comfortable, n the lugguge you will carry...n as YS says its not the bike but the one who drives it..... ;-) I personally would prefer Royal enfield Bullet for my trip to leh next year....