Movie reviews

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by darth_lucifer, Dec 14, 2007.

1. goodlookingrascal

goodlookingrascal Banned

Thats where the difference lies.
    I ain't a EK fan,just went there as had to utilize free pas
    ses I'd got.
    I wasn't 'expecting' anything,other than a disaster.
    And yeah,a note for u,from next time do take care of not mentioning of Oscar's name with such a phallic person
    :p

2. kamikaze

kamikaze 111 Horses in the Stable

+2. Really like the performances. I like the non-romantic chemistry between the two protagonists.

3. AMG

AMG Banned

Quick Gun Murugan

Absolutely fantastic. :lol:

10/10

4. goodlookingrascal

goodlookingrascal Banned

Today was the day for me to watch the Guy Ritchie's films, back to back and its one of the finest Saturday I've ever spent!

Snatch - 10/10
    What an epic Gangsta movie! I just love the trademark style of high speed action photography deployed in all of his movies.
    SNATCH is a movie beyond its time. Unlicensed boxing touts employs a gypsy person to fight for him, when few things go off the path and then....the hilarious saga unfolds in a unique non-linear storyline, which I love to death! Adding on to that, the charisma of Guy Ritchie being behind the camera works magically.
    Instances?
    Hare Dog scene...Amazing sequence. Great screenplay and execution is top notch. The sheer sight of Brad Pitt and Stathom in that scene is unparalleled.
    The robbery scene at start, it happens so unexpectedly, you are taken damn by a surprise!
    One legend of a movie!

Revolver - 10/10
    My favourite Ritchie movie.
    Very intelligently written, excellently interwoven and performances from Stathom as a psychocic person dumbfounded by the medical institution that he's 3 days to live. Two mysterious persons offer him the best he can get but for a price! Believe me you'll relish each and every moment of it.
    It can get severely complexed for a first timer Ritchie. The self-realisation of a man, the ethreal reveries he posseses, epiphanies he holds.....this movie is a masterpiece, all time classic! I shall be dead with joy if there's a Revolver 2!

5. dark_knight

dark_knight Apurva Gupta

^ +1
    Guy makes the best gangsta movie around. Apart from Swept Away, all his movies are excellent

6. KnightRider

KnightRider Active Member

Pyar ka panchnama....nice movie

7. KnightRider

KnightRider Active Member

Pirates of carribean...is also nice movie
    after long time nice releases..

8. goodlookingrascal

goodlookingrascal Banned

Don't know really if watching too much horror genre has spoiled me. But I never get scared when the ghost pops out sudden accompanying sounds as loud as hell! I do appreciate those moments taken by director to scare the man out of me! But I need a resaonable story line alongwith that in order to get along with the drift of movie!

Don't worry there aren't any spoilers!

Haunted is another, I am sorry, Haunted 3D, is another horror movie coming out of Vikram Bhatt's superficial projects! I was excited about this movie as Minissha Lamba, Gul Panag were scared if tweets are to be believed! Moreover few guys on this forum reportedly toppled their popcorn cans out. All these event made me even more ecstatic.

Came this Sunday, I went to see it only to watch a movie full of flaws and amazingly disappointing loopholes.

Hero comes back to ooty in order to make the his prospective property buyer clear of any doubts. In the between he experiences a soul is entrapped here. He goes back 80 years back in flashback, falls in love with a past tense actress and then...comes back!

What a load of shit?

He is in ooty but the vintage car is of our own HP number :p

Professor is a nymphomaniac.
    His ghost looks out for chances to rape the actress and still he chooses homes' mistress's body, captures over it and decides to rape the heroine with a female body . Why not the hero himself? Could've been more gripping then!

I was fearing only one thing, that ohhh please professor's ghost doesn't turns out to be a gay in the end.
    Disastrous movie!

Didn't even made me wink with its so called scary moments!

Drag me to hell was a hell loud sounding movie but storyline was amazing with a classic ending, that kept me glued.

But haunted? Its a horror story with no spook element. You know from where ghost will appear in the frame, from where hero will get attacked and other stuffs!

3D effects are OK nothing great!

Time for Indian horror genre to pay homage to Ramsay era and forget about making a cult horror classic!

Haunted 2/10

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  9. sahil

sahil ....

Yersterday watched FAst five & pirates of carabean...

Enjoyed both back to back shows....

Try watching POC in hindi..ts fun.... :p

10. rpsatlantis

rpsatlantis Member

^
    A review you might want to read. :)

I just love the reviews of this guy.

Edit: You also get a hang of the entire story. So do not read if you want to watch a movie and not know the story beforehand.