MP Road Trip Suggestions !!

naveenchhillar

Friends,
We are a group of 8-9 adults (from Delhi NCR) with some kids, who want to do a road trip to Madhya Pradesh in December.

Dates: 10-17 December, 2016
Mode of Transport : By Car, mostly SUVs.

Need suggestions/ comments on below points:
1. We don't have too much idea about the state, as it is first time for us to travel there.
2. Would preferably want someone to suggest us some places & may be a day by day itinerary (keeping in mind that we can travel 7-8 hours on a given day).
3. We don't want too much hectic, as all of couples have either one or two small kids.
4. Please suggest best eating places while mentioning the destinations. (we would definitely like to try some roof top restobars, etc >> just like Himachal, Rajasthan ).
5. We may not be that interested in those places, which are hugely popular among tourists (just to avoid too much crowd).
6. The places that we definitely need is Indore/ Maheshwar (which I believe are pretty close by each other).
7. Any local BCMTian from those places >> we would definitely like to meet them.
8. Any other suggestion....pls add.

suyash_tripathi

Most popular choices in M.P are the National Parks including Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Pench along with Khajuraho, Orchha, Sanchi, Bhimbetka, Mandu, Pachmarhi, Bhedaghat (Marble Rocks), Temple circuits of Omkareshwar, Maheshwar, Ujjain, etc. So obviously, one cannot cover all at the same time. As you have said that your priority is Indore/Maheshwar, so i would suggest you the following :-
10-12-2016 Delhi-Agra-Gwalior-Jhansi-Lalitpur-Malthon-Bina-Vidisha-Sanchi,
11-12-2016 Sanchi-Bhopal-Indore,
12-12-2016 Local Indore with some lip smacking street food,
13-12-2016 Indore-Maheshwar-Omkareshwar (You can stay either of these two places or move to Mandu for the night and lot of local people do Indore-Maheshwar-Omkareshwar and back to Indore on the same day),
14-12-2016 Omkareshwar/Maheshwar-Mandu (Optional)
15-12-2016-Mandu-Indore-Ujjain
16-12-2016 Ujjain-Dewas-Bhopal-Sanchi-Malthon-Lalitpur-Jhansi-Gwalior-Agra-Delhi.
17-12-2016 Reserve/spare day. You can drop Mandu to add one more day in your itinerary.

naveenchhillar

Thanks Suyash, really appreciate your detailed response.

May I request you to please point me to staying options at all those places & for eating joints as well ?