uturn

Super User
Lot of shivshahi buses plying on major routes like Pune-Kolhapur /Sangli.
Even Borivli-Thane a short route is also getting good results.
Getting lot of popularity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deepam

Super User
Ahmednagar [Tarakpur Bus stand] to Kalyan via Malshej Ghat.
8 service are operating - Departure at 8:30, 9:30, 10:30 & 11:30 AM - 1, 3, 4 & 5 PM. Distance covered in 4.5-5 hours.
Leap change in connectivity by MSRTC

uturn

Super User
Seen lot of shivshahis on Mumbai-Pune-Kolhapur way.

Even Pune-wai-Mahabaleshwar.

Getting very good response in this summer.
May affect ksrtc looking at their multiple schedules as lot of passengers prefers their services in MH.

deepam

Super User
KSRTC ACC have exorbitant fares.
The Fares are fluctuating, why will some one wait and board: Mumbai-Pune?

uturn

Super User
MH was the first state to introduce Asiad coaches after first Asian Games held in Delhi. After long time they have come up with shivshahi a very good concept in transport industry.

Meantime KA govt brought lot of changes like high end coaches / new routes/ quality of bus stands/ well maintained buses, safe & punctual schedules/online ticketing etc.

So passengers from MH used to switch to KA buses.

A healthy competition will always help the end users.

deepam

Super User
The only issue with MSRTC - Asiad coaches limited to only Pune - Dadar. Same was followed with Shivneri too.
Shivneri could not be expanded due to the crew capability to maintain the buses. So with Shivashahi's this is not the issue, be it TATA, AL or Eicher this can be maintained at places like BEED or LATUR.
Good strategy.

Even in KA:
Volvo maintenance is at:
  1. Bangalore D2 or D4.
  2. Mysore Rural 2
  3. Mangalore 2
  4. Belgaum
  5. Hubbali -2
  6. Shimoga
  7. Davangere.
Scania and MB at Bangalore D2.

Mangalore 2 depot had 2 or 4 Scanias deputed on Mangalore - Chennai or Tirupathi route. I am told they will be transferred back to Bangalore shortly as Volvo B11R are expected to reach Depot.

The only issue with MSRTC - Asiad coaches limited to only Pune - Dadar. Same was followed with Shivneri too.
Shivneri could not be expanded due to the crew capability to maintain the buses. So with Shivashahi's this is not the issue, be it TATA, AL or Eicher this can be maintained at places like BEED or LATUR.
Good strategy.

Even in KA:
Volvo maintenance is at:
  1. Bangalore D2 or D4.
  2. Mysore Rural 2
  3. Mangalore 2
  4. Belgaum
  5. Hubbali -2
  6. Shimoga
  7. Davangere.
Scania and MB at Bangalore D2.

Mangalore 2 depot had 2 or 4 Scanias deputed on Mangalore - Chennai or Tirupathi route. I am told they will be transferred back to Bangalore shortly as Volvo B11R are expected to reach Depot.
Premium service are operated by Hubbali Mof Depot 3