MTDC, Ganpatipule

nav75

Banned

Rent: Rents depends on the time of year one goes and kind of accommodation taken.

Rooms: Plenty of variety available, from large spacious rooms to a/c suites to bamboo huts to tents. All rooms are spacious, well maintained.

Service: Service is average.

Food: Tasty food is available in the resort itself with plenty of variety. The price is on higher side.

Parking: Plenty of parking is available in the compound. One can also take their vehicles right next to their rooms.

Gaurav Pai

ya..have stayed in the tents couple of yeras back...superb place with the beach rite next to you....

heres the only pic which i clicked!!

Attachments

Gaurav Pai

wow darth, superb !!

Try staying in the tents...nothing lavish and are inside and far from the main gate and the temple, but a good experience to stay by the beach side. You can also try the konkani cottages !!

Do treat us with good pics !!

sharninder

Rent: Rents depends on the time of year one goes and kind of accommodation taken.

Rooms: Plenty of variety available, from large spacious rooms to a/c suites to bamboo huts to tents. All rooms are spacious, well maintained.

Service: Service is average.

Food: Tasty food is available in the resort itself with plenty of variety. The price is on higher side.

Parking: Plenty of parking is available in the compound. One can also take their vehicles right next to their rooms.
I stayed in the tented acco at the MTDC resort when I was there a few years back. The service is slow but the kitchen/mess is right next to the beach so you can go for a quick dip while you wait for your food :)

Try the malwani thali or the fish thali. They're both awesome!

beingbaggu

A piece of advice for guys planning to stay in those tents. Make sure, you lace up those flap doors properly before going to bed.

I learnt it the harder way. We were 5 guys in the tent ( meant for 4 ), the other 4 of my friends were fighting as to who would sleep on the spare mattress on the four. I volunteered to sleep on it.

Come morning, a dog was curled up on my feet on the mattress. I had shared a bed with a dog for the whole night. :shock:

tuzusun

Updated review of GANPATIPULE - Nov 2013

Overall Opinion:

MTDC Ganpatipule is one of the better managed and Profitable resorts of MTDC. The location of the resort is nothing short of exceptional, probably the best in Ganpatipule.Almost all the rooms have sea view which is one of the big attraction .The rooms are big, clean and the housekeeping staff is courteous.

The resort itself is very well laid out, clean and safe with lot of walking and parking space. It gives almost direct access to the beach. MTDC Ganpatipule and the Ganpatipule beach are synonymous.

Room Service :

The room service is limited to serving tea and snacks. Also please note that expecting instant service is not feasible in places such as Ganpatipule but believe me things are improving on this front.

Tarang Restaurant

The restaurant is always crowded,this says a lot of the restaurant. The breakfast menu is good as you will get all the variety here compared to any other outlet in the periphery.
The seafood quality is good but may not be to the liking of many sea food fanatics as its generalized to serve the taste buds of various genre of people coming here .Also the cost for seafood is on the higher side compared to other hotels around.If you do not get food anywhere around you will surely find it at MTDC as the serving times are generally more compared to other hotels around.

Water sports activities
There are limited water sports activities near MTDC Konkani house.

Overall rating
I would rate this as on of the best properties of MTDC and worth a stay if you are in Ganpatipule.

Some Photos

MTDC0.JPG

MTDC1.jpg

MTDC2.jpg

MTDC02.jpg

MTDC7.jpg

MTDC6.jpg

MTDC5.jpg

MTDC4.jpg

MTDC3.jpg