Mumbai Aurangabad 27Sep17

Discussion in 'Road Status' started by viveanan, Oct 3, 2017.

1. viveanan

viveanan New Member

I has some personal work at Aurangabad MH and decided to travel by my Quanto.
    I googled and found Mumbai-Ghoti-Sinnar-Kopargaon-Vaizapur-Aurangabad was 357 Kms where as via Pune it was 460 Kms. So to save 100 Kms I decided to take 1st route.

I started at 12 PM from Malad West and as usual it took 2 Hrs to cross Mumbai (50 Kms) and reach Bhiwandi. I took Ghodbandar, Thane route.

Surprice potholes welcomes between Thane and Bhiwandi. And few are really killer for tyres and rims.
    Road from Bhivandi to Ghoti is very smooth and you can do 120 on straight patches.

Ghoti to Sinnar is smooth but with some small potholes, you cant go beyond 80 as there are so many villages on either sides.

Sinnar to Kopargaon is smooth, though its 2 lane road but 100 Kms / Hrs is easily doable looking at traffic conditions.

Now here starts the nightmare. Kopargaon to Vaijapur is horrible, few places there is no road, some potholes can accommodate a complete Tata 407. You cant go beyond 20 for almost 40 Kms.

Same condition continues on Vaijapur to Aurangabad via Shivoor and Deogaon. Once you touch Deogaon Aurangabad Road you will encounter with big potholes on left side after every 100 mtrs and those are really dangerous. You have to dodge pothole and manage traffic coming from right side.
    This will go until you cross Verul turn on Aurangabad Manmad Road.

It took me 9:30 Hrs to reach Aurangabad from Mumbai.

I used Aurangabad - Shikrapur - Chakan - Pimpri - Ravet - Panvel - Vashi - Mumabi route while coming back and it took me 7:30 Hrs to reach Malad West from Aurangabad. (It was on 30th Sep Dushehra and roads were empty in Mumbai).

uturn likes this.
  2. deepam

deepam Super User

HI Viveanan,
    Try next via Kalyan - Malshej Ghat - Ahmednagar - Aurangabad route.
    I have not traveled recently but when I had traveled the roads were good.

uturn likes this.
  3. uturn

uturn Super User

Roads are horrible in Marthwada!
    I have done it via pune but crossing entire pune city is a pain.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk