Mumbai Delhi road status

rava777

Hi everyone,
I am planning to drive from Mumbai to Delhi and back. I am considering the Mumbai - Udaipur - Delhi route.
Queries
1. In terms of road quality how good is the Mumbai - Udaipur- Delhi route
2. While coming back from Delhi I am planning for a better scenic route. I have 3 days that I can spend on the road. Pls suggest

Ravi_M

You might have already found on Google that there are 3 possible routes. I have travelled 70% of one of these, i.e. NH3 (Agra-Mumbai road).
I have done NH3 towards Mumbai several times and towards Jhansi in November 2019. Gwalior to Indore was a 2-lane road till a year back, but now they have converted it to 4-lane. Now NH3 is 4-lane all through, except at a few places where work may be in progress. I believe that NH3 will be less congested than the Jaipur route. Also you can use Yamuna Expressway for initial part of the travel. Distance-wise the three route don't differ much, but actual travel time may be less by NH3 (contrary to what Google shows!)
More experienced members shall give a more factual picture though!

uturn

Super User
Mumbai Vadodra Godhara Udaipur Delhi may be faster option with lot of stopover options.

Via Indore once you enter MH lot of speed breakers to face.

But compared less traffic via Indore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justtraveller

Hi
Since you have sufficient time, while going you can try Mumbai-Vadodara-Udaipur-Jaipur-Delhi and for return journey you can try Delhi-Jaipur-Chittorgarh-Indore-Nasik-Mumbai.

You can also take a detour and visit Omkareshwar and Maheshwar.

Regards

deepam

Super User
Please do not take Chittorgarh - Jaipur stretch. I last traveled by AC Seater bus during day time in the month of Nov 2019 [we were delayed to reach Jaipur by 2 hours] and due to Road Expansion, there are lot of deviations.
If 4 laning is complete on NH3, no harm in trying it. Jaipur to Delhi traffic will be higher.

If you want to stick to MH-GJ-RJ-HR; then try Mumbai - Ahmedabad - Jodhpur - Jaipur - Delhi.

deepam

Super User
Can anyone tell me about the road conditions for Vadodara to Nasik
+++++++++++++++++
It takes about 9-11 hours. Not a smooth drive.
Last 6 months back KSRTC B11R went on a Contract trip to Anand; they went from Shirdi to Anand via Nashik - Baroda.