Mumbai - Nagpur - Jabalpur - Muzaffarpur - Bagdogra - Darjeeling

Discussion in 'Road Status' started by mirami83, Feb 9, 2017.

1. mirami83

mirami83 New Member

Hello Everyone!!
    Can someone please tell me road conditions as I plan to take a road trip from Mumbai-Nagpur-Jabalpur-Varaṇasi-Muzaffarpur-Bagdogra-Darjeeling
    Need to know road conditions ahead of Nagpur as I have read mixed reviews on various threads. Need to know how much patch is bad. Also an estimate of how many days will it take for me to reach final destination Darjeeling

2. Shivanshu

Shivanshu RX Rider

Mirami you need to provide the mode of transport by road, car (self driven or taxi).

How many kilometers in a day would be fine with you? As per the query, the approx distances are:

Mumbai - Nagpur - 850kms
    Nagpur - Jabalpur - 300kms
    Jabalpur - Varanasi - 460kms
    Varanasi - Muzzafarpur - 300kms
    Muzzafarpur - Bagdogra - 380kms
    Bagdogra - Darjeeling - 70kms

Total from Mumbai to Darjeeling - 2400kms

If you are ok with doing 800kms in a day, i.e. by getting up everyday in morning by 5am and leaving at 6am and driving around 15 to 16hrs per day, then you should reach Darjelling on 4th day easy. Or else you are looking for a 4 day trip easy.

Mumbai - Nagpur via Aurngabad should be mixed with good and some bad patches. Though bad patches wont be much.
    Nagpur-Jabalpur road is good except for a few potholes here and there near Khawasa and Lakhnado.
    Jabalpur - Varanasi - Muzzafarpur you may find some bad patches here.
    Muzzafarpur - Darjelling - I have no idea about this route. But knowing it will leave Bihar and enter West Bengal dont expect smooth run all the way.

Keep us posted and updated, and go click happy to share with us. Drive Safe

jeetcp likes this.
  3. jeetcp

jeetcp Mediocre me

Why are you even taking that route. Above is 2265KM.

GMAPS suggest mum> nasik > dhule > indore > jhansi > kanpur> garakhpur > mzfn> bagdogra.
    this is 2337KM. Only 72 km longer. I am pretty sure this is much better condition these days.

4. suyash_tripathi

suyash_tripathi Active Member

GMAP is incorrect, don't totally rely upon it at least for this route. You will have to take Purnia-Kishanganj-Islampur-Bagdogra route from Araria.

5. ashishpune

ashishpune New Member

Thats an interesting and ambitious trip. Did you make it finally? How was the experience? Road conditions? Facilities? Halts?