Mumbai to Coorg - 1st week of October 2020

Hi everyone, need your help to finalize a itinerary for my road trip to Coorg.

Dates - 2nd Oct - 10th Oct

Travelling with my wife and 7 year old kid in my Hyundai i20 Elite.

Idea is to leave Mumbai early morning on 2nd Oct and take a night haul at Belgaum or somewhere around there.
3rd Oct post b/f head to Madikeri. (Should i go via Davanigere or Udupi).

Also, i have no idea which places to visit over there or locations which i should prefer to stay at in Coorg.

Would love to come back with stops at either Udupi or Goa.

Any help is welcome.

Dinesh.S

Dates - 2nd Oct - 10th Oct

Travelling with my wife and 7 year old kid in my Hyundai i20 Elite.

Idea is to leave Mumbai early morning on 2nd Oct and take a night haul at Belgaum or somewhere around there.
3rd Oct post b/f head to Madikeri. (Should i go via Davanigere or Udupi).

Also, i have no idea which places to visit over there or locations which i should prefer to stay at in Coorg.

Would love to come back with stops at either Udupi or Goa.

Any help is welcome.
Coorg is more of relaxation destination, chilling around homestay and coffee estates. There are couple places such as waterfalls and temples to visit including Monastery, starting point of river Cauvery.

See if you can halt after Hubli, so that you have time to cover, else you would end up only driving. You can take diversion from Davangere.
While returning drive via Mangalore and Udupi. Wouldn't recommend Goa.

Don't for get to enjoy amazing ice cream at Pabhas in Managalore and Gadbad at Daiana in Udupi.

Theloststory

A long drive can get tiresome for a 7 year old kid, but as Dinesh suggested Hubli May be a better spot for a night over so you can reach the hilly Madikeri earlier and not have to drive the winding forested roads of Coorg after dark.

In case you want to stay over at Belgaum look for ‘Mom and Pop’s Place’ on AirBnB. Nice home stay. Check with them in advance about dinner and breakfast arrangements.

Belgaum to Madikeri May take around 10-12 hours. I would again suggest you leave very early in the morning so you don’t have to drive into unfamiliar Madikeri roads after dark.

There are plenty of great stays in Madikeri. You can use Booking.com or AirBnB to find something nice. Madikeri is about plantations, so try to stay inside a coffee plantation.

Go for walks, enjoy the weather and food. Just remember these plantations are frequented by wild animals so don’t go for walks after dark.

Come back via Udupi route.