Mumbai to Kannur Dec 2018

cajithk

Hi I am planning to drive from Mumbai to Kannur in three weeks time . Which is the best route to take? How are the road conditions? Any suggestions for overnight stay? Or is it possible to complete in a day? We aretwo drivers in the car. thanks

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

I did the same trip with my family last year. Never got back to updating the trip. Kinda got busy. But since I was only driver and I don’t drive too fast. Like 100max at all times I did it in 2 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in thane so leaving thane early was trouble with traffic. The post the usual stop @ HP on mumbai pune express way I didn’t stop until near Satara at hotel Sai palace I guess.

uturn

Super User
I live in thane so leaving thane early was trouble with traffic. The post the usual stop @ HP on mumbai pune express way I didn’t stop until near Satara at hotel Sai palace I guess.

Which route you had taken via Davangere hassan kannur or any other.

I had a overnight halt at chitradurga as I had my family with me and kids.

So I did not venture far on each day. And our breaks where not so small either.

But overall the trip was comfortable in this split. Once I crossed over from coorg to kannur the roads where under construction and it was around 7 with low lighting and dangerous buses. The usual kannur stuff.

We did stop for evening snack at The Coorg Cafe. Nice place just before entering kannur.
So here is the mapping

deepam

Super User
Hi I am planning to drive from Mumbai to Kannur in three weeks time . Which is the best route to take? How are the road conditions? Any suggestions for overnight stay? Or is it possible to complete in a day? We are two drivers in the car. thanks

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
++++++++++++++++
It all depends on how you define day!!!! Is it morning to night or night to morning or 24 hours or drive without break!
If both of you are good drivers at night, I recommend starting from Mumbai ~ 3-4 PM.
The reason to start is during night you are on NH48; which is 4 laned road. So you can reach Tumkur early morning and then take deviation to Kunigal - Channarayapatna - kushal Nagar - Madikeri [Coorg] - Kannur
Follow the route shown by Thejas and you should be able to reach Kannur