Mumbai to Leh(24th June to 9th July)

guds2k

Hi,

This is my first post here and I would like to thank you all for sharing all of your experiences and knowledge. Me, along with my wife and a friend would be leaving for Leh from Mumbai on 24th June in our car(Swift ZDI). After doing a lot of research online, we came out with the below itinerary. We would really appreciate if any of you can go through with the plan and let us know if it is doable or not.

Capture.JPG

Day 1 to 5 : Try for online hotel booking.
For rest of the trip will go for on the go booking.
Day 9 Pangong : Will try for the stay in a tent.
Day 15 Indore : Hometown, will rest there for couple of days with parents.

Also will be sharing our experiences in a travelogue. Thanks a ton in advance. :)

guds2k

Thanks a lot Satindar.

We will then start a little early and try for Jispa. Otherwise we will be converting our buffer day for Sarchu as below:
Day 11 : Leh to Sarchu
Day 12 : Sarchu to Mandi

Also, I have made couple of hard copies of the this map and also saved it in my tab. Thanks for the image.

We have made bookings for Udaipur, Hanumangarh, Amritsar and Srinagar. One question here, should we go for the online bookings for the remaining places or on the go will do?

adsatinder

explorer
Thanks a lot Satindar.
One question here, should we go for the online bookings for the remaining places or on the go will do?
No need for the bookings in Ladakh.
Try at main places for accommodation first.
If it is not availabe,
you can stay here or there means,
just find accommodation at inner lanes of a town or out of town easily.
Even few home stays can be avilable this way.
Someone becomes helpful in such conditions to point out the options.
Keep this in mind.

You are going in a car.
You can stay in car for a night easily in any worst case scenario.
In morning you can find some room for few hours.

guds2k

Sure Satindar.
We are not booking any hotels from Srinagar onwards. We will shortlist some hotels in Ladakh region according to the preferences given by you.

Again thanks for the advice. :)

bains

we will reach leh on 6th July, so will catch up with you guys. And can share the road conditions and other updates.

bulletpro

Mouli
Safe journey to you guys... We will be in Leh on 29th and upto 6th July... Doing both Nubra and Pangong with a rented bikes from Leh...

guds2k

we will reach leh on 6th July, so will catch up with you guys. And can share the road conditions and other updates.
We will be reaching Leh on 30th June. We will try to update the road conditions and details as we get the signals and internet connectivity.

Have a safe and happy journey. :)