Mumbai to Longewala road

Manishbac81

Planning a road trip from Mumbai -udaipur-Jaisalmer-Longewala- bhuj-Mumbai. Any updates regarding the roads and things I need to keep in mind for such trips

uturn

Super User
Planning a road trip from Mumbai -udaipur-Jaisalmer-Longewala- bhuj-Mumbai. Any updates regarding the roads and things I need to keep in mind for such trips
One of my friend is doing western border sharing towns (Pakistan) from south as on from him Roads are better somewhere lonely in GJ/RJ.
He went from Bhuj to sriganganagar onwards Upto Amritsar.
Just keep in mind some BSF permissions required to fulfill if you are touching towards boundary villages/Towns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manishbac81

Thanks uturn. I have heard from fellow travellers that the nh48 roads are pretty smooth except for diversions near villages on the route. I think I might skip bhuj as it’s way out of the route. Will plan Jaisalmer-ahmedabad-Mumbai on my way back.

Justtraveller

Hi
I did Jodhpur/Jaisalmer from Pune recently. The route I followed was
Pune-Ahmedabad-Jodhpur-Jaisalmer-Tanot-Longewala-Jaisalmer-Ahmedabad-Pune.

Roads are good and no major issues. Going beyond Tanot to India-Pak border requires BSF permission. While coming back road work was going on between Sanchore to Gujarat border. The road of around 10-15 kms is problem.