Mumbai to Nagpur road status

Shreesh

I did travel from Mumbai to Nagpur starting on 17th Feb 2018 & reaching Nagpur on 18th Feb 2018. Based on various feed backs online as well from some frequent travelers, I choose to take the Mumbai-Nasik-Dhule-Jalgaon-Akola-Amravati-Nagpur route. I guess, it was the best bet for this route.
Starting from Mumbai at 10:45AM on 17th, we reached Jalgaon at around 7:00PM for an overnite halt. The route from Mumbai to Dhule is complete 4-laned road (of about 300kms), while the stretch between Dhule and Jalgaon (of about 105kms) is 2 laned but in decent condition, although it had heavy traffic.
Starting the next morning from Jalgaon at around 8:45AM, we got struck in heavy traffic just about 20kms before Akola for about an hour (due a truck accident), but reached Nagpur exactly at 6:30PM. The route between Jalgaon and Khamgaon (about 130kms) is decent 2-laned stretch with medium traffic even on Sunday. 4 laning work is going on between Khamgaon & Akola (about 55kms) as well as between Akola & Amravati (about 95kms), but then it is a complete 4-laned stretch from Amravati till Nagpur (about 150kms).
And yes, the entire stretch covered by a 10 year old Hyundai i10.
All in all a well recommended route even while traveling with a medium sized hatchback.
Regards,
Shreesh