Mumbai to satna

Ravi_M

I visited Jhansi, Orchha, Khajuraho, Chitrakoot, Panna and Maihar in that sequence from Indore in November 2019.
Satna is very near Maihar and Panna. We returned to Indore from Maihar via Katni, Damoh, Sagar, Vidisha and Bhopal. This is quite good and best route between Indore and Satna. You can visit Sanchi near Vidisha and also the line of cancer (marked on the road with a structure!

For going from Mumbai to Indore, there is nothing better than AB road (NH3). The route you ask is via Dhule- Bhusawal-Burhanpur - Harda - Timarni.
Part of it after Burhanpur is known as Ichchhapur road or Khandwa road. This road is just 2-lane, but used to be very good toll-road few years ago. Now, it is toll-free and in bad condition, though some repair work has been taken up now. You leave road this road after Dolhar. I don't know from Khandwa to Harda how this road is. From Jabalpur, you go to Katni and then to Satna.

The only bad part (probable) in route suggested by @suyash_tripathi, is crossing Sagar. There isn't any bypass and when we crossed it last year, lot of road widening was in progress. It may be better now.

Last edited:

deepam

Super User
And sir what about this route Mumbai-nasik -bhusaval-itarsi-jabalpur-satna?
+++++++
I am skeptical of stretch Nasik - Bhusaval - Itarsi - Jabalpur. The road may not be in good conditions. With which car are you planning to drive?
Just do not look at kms, look at travel time.
Are you planning to complete in single stretch or planning a break. If break cross Indore and take a break at Vidisha. Vidisha to Satna plan to complete during day. Till Indore the traffic is flowing all through the day,
I would vote for the route suggested by @suyash_tripathi

deepam

Super User
At starting of the century late 90's the roads in Maharastra were top class, I have now heard they have become really pathetic. Though some stretches have improved in last 3-4 years.

uturn

Super User
And sir what about this route Mumbai-nasik -bhusaval-itarsi-jabalpur-satna?
Dhule -Bhusaval is pathetic need to cross Jalgaon consumes lot of time better is as Suyashji suggested.
Just keep an eye on speed breakers upto MH boundary fast tag will save time at toll gates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uturn

Super User
At starting of the century late 90's the roads in Maharastra were top class, I have now heard they have become really pathetic. Though some stretches have improved in last 3-4 years.
Dhule -Jalgaon bad no sign of competition upto next 2/3 years.
Jalgaon city bypassing is a headache lot of traffic upto Bhusaval.
Bhusaval-Muktai Nagar 80% four lane.
Muktai Nagar -Khamgao again work is almost stand still.
Khamgaon -Shegaon world class single road partly doubled.
MH is way behind than GJ /KA/MP
Just see Kolhapur-Sangli started 4lane almost decade back still not done 100%.
Same with Peth Naka(NH4)-Sangli.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk