Mumbai - Udaipur - Jaipur - Sawai Madhopur - Himachal

Theloststory

Somewhere on the highways on Rajasthan... another hill being cut down of vegetation. This used to be thick forests, but this year, only stubs remain...

IMG_1891.JPG

Theloststory

The drive from Jaipur further north toward Chandigarh is rather annoying via the NH8. Again, full of trucks, construction and densely packed towns on either side (plus very bad roads, a lots and lots and lots of road construction this year) and I just want to avoid this road.

So take the bypass from Rewari via Rohtak reach Panipat. This stretch of the road is excellent, four lanes, farms and trees on either side, very little traffic, but not enough good food to find. (please excuse the photos shot via 'smartphone' through the windshield. I still prefer images shot through a proper camera.)

IMG_1945.JPG

Theloststory

The main highways inside Punjab too are full of tremendous traffic. It seems there is no space anywhere. Continuous, almost non-stop habitation and cities on either Side of the highways make for a boring drive. I have to find alternatives. However, the food is excellent.

IMG_1905.JPG

Theloststory

Closer to Sarahan... Near this bridge we stopped and watched many Yellow Billed Blue Magpies playing around in the shrubs...

IMG_0881.jpg

Wildflowers in Sarahan...

IMG_0893.jpg

And then driving further up North...

IMG_1184.jpg

Theloststory

Its delightful to pass through small beautiful villages like this on the way to Kaza.
DSCF5440.jpg

How I long to be back here...

DSCF5466.jpg

Theloststory

Eating local food at someone's house...

IMG_1364.JPG

Note the human dominated landscape cut of any natural scrub or grass. Causing soil erosion and evaporation of any residual soil moisture.

IMG_1341.JPG