Music Phones !

PRODiGY

I need a phone with 3.5mm jack, supports 4 gb microSD, great sound quality and signal and call reception. How good is the Nokia 5310 XpressMusic, it ticks all my criteria !

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
It's a nice phone.
Try to upgrade the earphones to similar to those comes with Sony Ericsson Walkman Series.

Nokia 5310 XpressMusic,
@Anup jee, @sachintop, @shiva
Sorry to disappoint you, IT SUCKS, for avid music freak like me!
The sound clarity delievered through headphones is pathetic. You won't find any mid, low, not even any highs in them. Nokia has been notorious for 'bragging rights' often claimed in their so called "Music" editions.
Its ok, if you buy an external 3.5mm headphone, like EP630, MX500, MX250 and then play music through it, the sound is OKK. But the stock headphones.....If you really want a 'beat' for your money,look for either W series, Samsung beat DJ, and HTC models...I have experienced them all and they deliver quality more than eligible enough to be termed as coming from Music editions. Especially, if you are a bass freak, Sammy beat DJ should be the choice.
Download any bass/mid/high tester song from internet, play it in all the shortlisted phones, check yourself out. But, my personal advise would be stay away from NOkia. Totally personal!

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rascal, none of the phones comes with a earphone/headset that music aficionados would accept!
Sachin already mentioned this golden rule to you!

Sorry that's my personal opinion!

Rascal, none of the phones comes with a earphone/headset that music aficionados would accept!
Sirjee, then you gotta try either any damn W series phone which comes with HPM-70 as the headset or Samsung beat DJ, one heck of a phone which any music dilettante will love to death. Though I don't have any idea about high end models, but the best I've ever heard is the one and only, the god of all music phones, ...........N91-8GB. Never had the luck to own it, but fate, enough to enjoy the mesmerizing sound delivered through amplified settings and at 75%, my ears stopped recognizing any range of sounds. Wonder what bawaal 100% supersonic range would have done?

But @shiva, opinion without budget, it will only lead to discussions all round. Any budget you have?

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
Sirjee, then you gotta try either any damn W series phone which comes with HPM-70 as the headset or Samsung beat DJ, one heck of a phone which any music dilettante will love to death. Though I don't have any idea about high end models, but the best I've ever heard is the one and only, the god of all music phones, ...........N91-8GB. Never had the luck to own it, but fate, enough to enjoy the mesmerizing sound delivered through amplified settings and at 75%, my ears stopped recognizing any range of sounds. Wonder what bawaal 100% supersonic range would have done?

But @shiva, opinion without budget, it will only lead to discussions all round. Any budget you have?
That HPM-70 earphone is doing duty in my dad's SE Walkman phone for last 5 years, and still going strong. This is what I had already mentioned in my earlier post that one should upgrade the OEM earphones to SE Walkman/similar ones.
Moreover, Shiva has already selected the phone. He is asking us for the pros and cons of this specific phone only. So how come a budget related query comes into picture?:confused:

@sachin bhai. I am confused whether he is looking for a new phone to be bought or asking for reviews on 5310XpressMusic.
Both which, I have scribbled my heart out...in any case, he should feel 'answered' :)
And not necessarily you need Sony OEM to be a music addict, either you will pay heavy for them or you will look for something similar. For both which there ARE options available.

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
... that one should upgrade the OEM earphones to SE Walkman/similar ones.

And not necessarily you need Sony OEM to be a music addict, either you will pay heavy for them or you will look for something similar.
Sony OEM is not required at all! One can buy anything similar!

You must start pestering mods to change your BCMT handle to something 'ConfusedLookingRascal'...! :grin:

cat

Senior Billi
Thread title is "Music Phones!"

rascalbhai, thanks for expert input. I have to get a phone (tomorrow, I hope), and so many are "music phones", so I was thinking maybe it would be useful if phone can take place of ipod shuffle when travelling. (One less charger and cable to carry, that Indian airport security says "too many wires" and make me put my bag in hold luggage.)

btw, I bought some Logitech in-ear bud phones last week, thinking they might be better. I went home and compared them on notebook to Sennheiser MX***. They were so useless I returned them.