Music Phones !

rahulzzz

Sirjee, neither 5230XM will bring any seriousness. Strict advise is stay away from XM series, if not atleast from Nokia.
iam not really sure about 5230 performance as i haven't had a chance to test it, but heard its good with some nice features.
My experience with nokia os 60 phones has been way too good.maybe thats blocking me to see any negative aspects..
I've got 5700 and its pretty good with music and other apps. i think XM does have a edge over the normal phone with music.

rahulzzz

Even JAVA OS enabled mobile can do it, easily, whats the deal breaker then over a JAVA OS when compared to S60?
well last time i tried it just couldn't handle anything like that.. if it does handle apps thats well with newer os version. thats good to know.
that was my main point to go with 60

Salil

Super Moderator
Staff member
I bought a Nokia 5800 Express music 3 weeks back - A Sennheiser PMX 60 comes free with this baby! MRP is 2290 bucks. Sound quality is the best I have heard. I don't think no other phone comes with this good a headphone. I haven't even touched the hands free ear bud that came with this Nokia or my Logitech ear buds that I had been using till now since I laid my hands on this Sennheiser! And oh this phone comes with an 8 GB card. Store all you want!

Prince Cruise

I bought a Nokia 5800 Express music 3 weeks back - A Sennheiser PMX 60 comes free with this baby! MRP is 2290 bucks. Sound quality is the best I have heard. I don't think no other phone comes with this good a headphone. I haven't even touched the hands free ear bud that came with this Nokia or my Logitech ear buds that I had been using till now since I laid my hands on this Sennheiser! And oh this phone comes with an 8 GB card. Store all you want!
Darn !!!! Salil...have you read what Rascal is saying in previous posts?

Salil

Super Moderator
Staff member
Doesn't make a difference to me - I got it for free! And it IS good!

And this is what gsmarena has to say in its review of the phone about it's audio quality:

Speaking of music playback, the 5800 XpressMusic turned out to be the best Nokia example for audio quality to date. That's that and no fancy foreword would've made sense. We've been seeing improvement over recent devices by the Finns and now the 5800 comes to crown the whole thing. In fact, we've never seen so good numbers on any other mobile phone.

The phone flaunts an amazing frequency response keeping within the +-1db range effortlessly. Furthermore, for most of its range it is right on the perfect track. Noise level and dynamic range readings are also praiseworthy and so is THD. IMD and crosstalk are not as impressive but still quite good. All in all, you will be enjoying some of the industry best quality audio with Nokia 5800 XpressMusic.
Source : Nokia 5800 XpressMusic review: Young as you feel - GSMArena.com

Last edited:
I bought it for 2499/- and he's saying it as 600/- ...uh oh!
You guys have literally bashed up my 600/- rs theory. No two persons at same time can become fools...I am still wondering whether PMX60 on Ebay is original or typical Gaffarwala item...Though the sound is great but you both got it for 2500/-..............

Salil

Super Moderator
Staff member
You guys have literally bashed up my 600/- rs theory. No two persons at same time can become fools...I am still wondering whether PMX60 on Ebay is original or typical Gaffarwala item...Though the sound is great but you both got it for 2500/-..............
Hmmm Ebay... that explains it. Does it carry a warranty?

PRODiGY

still haven't bought a phone...
i am used to HTC phones and since the tragic demise of my beloved touch viva, i bought a samsung marine B2100 which i sold couple of days back of sheer boredom.

i'll wait and see.. using my mom's Nokia 1100 and it simply rocks