My Classic 350 Motorcycle Diaries

Mandar_C500

Super User
Re: My Blue Bird Gets A New Petrol Tank

Mohanakrishnan informed me that the new tank is galvanised without the grey coating. I am thankful to Royal Enfield for quickly responding to my complaint and resolving it to my full satisfaction.
Congrats on the replacement. This is confidence inspiring incident. I am sure RE is now listening to the customers more seriously.
Regards
Mandar

J.Ravi

100% Petrol Powered

Congrats on the replacement.
Thanks a lot, Mandar_C500.
This is confidence inspiring incident.
Sure, it is.
I am sure RE is now listening to the customers more seriously.
The service manager told me that I would get it in 7 working days. True to his words, he called me yesterday evening - the seventh working day - as soon as the tank arrived at the service centre! :)

oilburner

A NuT On Bike

Thanks a lot, Mandar_C500.

Sure, it is.

The service manager told me that I would get it in 7 working days. True to his words, he called me yesterday evening - the seventh working day - as soon as the tank arrived at the service centre! :)
wHAT ABOUT FUEL GAUGE DISPLAY how correct is it in your bike . my friend reported that it started flashing and then stopped then showed 4 bars like inconsistent.

J.Ravi

100% Petrol Powered

wHAT ABOUT FUEL GAUGE DISPLAY how correct is it in your bike .
The fuel gauge is not accurate. The number of bars changes drastically within a small time frame while riding. However, it gives some idea of remaining petrol in the tank. I have tankful of petrol when it shows single bar flashing. :grin:

nikhil2877

The fuel gauge is not accurate. The number of bars changes drastically within a small time frame while riding. However, it gives some idea of remaining petrol in the tank. I have tankful of petrol when it shows single bar flashing. :grin:
hmm...thats bad...I read the manual at it states 5.5+/- 0.5 ltrs of left petrol when the last bar starts blinking...This inconsistency can be dangerous when driving long in hills....

btw - congrats on getting the tank issue resolved... that was one of the things I checked while taking the delivery yesterday...the mechanic told that there's no primer applied to tanks now so it won't happen...seems like they've rectified that from the process...

Aayush

Re: My TB500's Tank's Inside Painted - Already Peeling Off

Sorry to hear that. Are you going to raise it with Royal Enfield?
Its only minor scraping, maybe will bring to their attention after the rains are gone. :)

- - - Updated - - -

hmm...thats bad...I read the manual at it states 5.5+/- 0.5 ltrs of left petrol when the last bar starts blinking...This inconsistency can be dangerous when driving long in hills....
\
Till now i have found that the fuel gauge is fair, if not precise. The last bar starts blinking at around the same range of kms completed everytime. Usually which is in about 350 - 360 kms range.

J.Ravi

100% Petrol Powered

Today, my Blue Bird got a new petrol tank fitted at Royal Enfield company-owned service station at OMR, Chennai.
It's time for a photo op with the new tank.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Some unknown useless fellow successfully disfigured my Blue Bird's rear registration number plate by unsuccessfully trying to peel off the Ashoka chakra hologram.

6.jpg

pskanp

While going through the net, I read that the 'Cafe Racer' will get tubeless tyres. If the design & size allows, the rims will be a blessing for TB500 owners who want a tubeless one. I was waiting for this, but oh! let me get my bike first!:grin:

Last edited:

J.Ravi

100% Petrol Powered
Chennai To Bangalore

Yesterday, my Blue Bird flew from Chennai to Bangalore and will remain there for the next coupla months. I left T Nagar, Chennai, by 1:40 pm, had a 45 minute food break at Saravana Bhavan, Vellore and a 15 minute fuel break at BP COCOO at Chinnar, between Krishnagiri and Hosur, and reached my home at Basaveswara Nagar, Bangalore, by 9:15 pm.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

My Blue Bird recorded a fuel efficiency of 29 kmpl perhaps due to my aggressive riding this time.

4.JPG

After filling petrol upto the brim of the tank at Chennai and Chinnar, I observed 4 bars only as against 6 bars normally displayed on the fuel gauge; perhaps, this has something to do with the replacement of new petrol tank. Today, I discussed this issue with Mohanakrishnan, service manager. He assured me that he would coordinate with his counterpart at Bangalore company service station, where this fault would be rectified. I intend to go there on 13 July 2013 [Tuesday].

J.Ravi

100% Petrol Powered
Fuel Float Replaced

After filling petrol upto the brim of the tank at Chennai and Chinnar, I observed 4 bars only as against 6 bars normally displayed on the fuel gauge; perhaps, this has something to do with the replacement of new petrol tank. Today, I discussed this issue with Mohanakrishnan, service manager. He assured me that he would coordinate with his counterpart at Bangalore company service station, where this fault would be rectified.
Today, I rode on my Blue Bird to the company-owned service station near Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore after calling Suraj, service manager. First, they tested with a brand new instrument cluster, which also showed the same 4 bars when the tank was full. Then, they removed the tank after draining out petrol. They replaced the fuel float with a new one, fitted back the tank and filled back petrol. Then, the fuel gauge displayed 6 bars instead of 4 thanks to Suraj.

2.jpg

3.JPG

My Blue Bird successfully completed 3,000 km within 4 months of purchase at the Inner Ring Road, BTM Layout, Bangalore, on my way to the service station.

1.JPG

Last edited: