My Classic 350 Motorcycle Diaries

TBTSRIDER

Belated birthday present for Blue Bird - a water-resistant pouch for the navigator bought from Ali Express, ordered on 29 May 2015 and received today, costing ₹ 314.37. Since I am now 355 km away from my bird, I clicked these photographs after fitting the unit on my son's Classic 500. I shall test it in my next long ride and report here.

View attachment 617616

View attachment 617617

View attachment 617618

View attachment 617619

View attachment 617620

View attachment 617621

Hello Ravi Sir

Do your GPs pouch have a hole in it so that charging wire can be passing through it !
Is this GPS pouch the Rynox one used for holding mobile !! I have a tomtom start 20 GPS device .
Will this fit it !! From where did you order it ?

J.Ravi

Petrol Powered + Diesel Driven
Do your GPs pouch have a hole in it so that charging wire can be passing through it
No. I have to open the zip a little bit to enable charging wire to pass through and I have to keep the zip opening at the bottom to prevent water ingress.

Is this GPS pouch the Rynox one used for holding mobile
I don't know.

Will this fit it
My MapMyIndia Lx130 3.5" navigator fits in.

From where did you order it ?
Ali Express. Press the link given in my post to see the details.

TBTSRIDER

No. I have to open the zip a little bit to enable charging wire to pass through and I have to keep the zip opening at the bottom to prevent water ingress.

I don't know.

My MapMyIndia Lx130 3.5" navigator fits in.

Ali Express. Press the link given in my post to see the details.
Thanks Ravi Sir

J.Ravi

I tried in vain to self-start her. The battery icon started flashing on the instrument panel indicating weak battery. Then, I gently kick-started her. Blue Bird started chirping happily in the very first kick.
History repeated itself today, again!
Today early morning, I didn't even try to self-start Blue Bird. Just one gentle kick, B. Bird chirped merrily after hibernating for 46 days. I am happy that the stock OE Exide battery is still doing duties even after 2 years with frequent hibernation.
Took her for a spin upto Marina beach and B. Bird had petrol worth ₹ 500. BTW, petrol costs ₹70.12/litre in Chennai. I am planning a long solo ride with B. Bird.

Mandar_C500

History repeated itself today, again!
Today early morning, I didn't even try to self-start Blue Bird. Just one gentle kick, B. Bird chirped merrily after hibernating for 46 days. I am happy that the stock OE Exide battery is still doing duties even after 2 years with frequent hibernation.
Took her for a spin upto Marina beach and B. Bird had petrol worth ₹ 500. BTW, petrol costs ₹70.12/litre in Chennai. I am planning a long solo ride with B. Bird.
One question sir, Did you disconnect the battery terminals before hibernation? Mine last for 3Yrs but no hibernation.
Best of luck for your long solo ride.

J.Ravi

I have started using Navi Maps using my smartphone. None of the handlebar holders I have accommodates my smartphone. So, I bought one smartphone holder from ebay.in costing ₹ 314.50 after encashing PayBack points.
The smartphone holder tightly holds my smartphone both horizontally and vertically. However, I shall use it during my next long ride, and then, give my final comments.

DSC05971.JPG

DSC05969.JPG

DSC05979.JPG

DSC05980.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: IJS

J.Ravi

BREATHER TUBE REPLACED

From the past coupla days, Blue Bird's idling rpm crossed 1,250, which was unprecedented. Today, I inspected the breather tube and found that it was ruptured at many places, especially at the bends. So, I rode to Sri Velavan Motors, Anna Salai, Chennai, located 2 km from home and got it replaced at a total cost of ₹ 112. Now, Blue Bird hums at 900 - 1,000 rpm.

BreatherTube.jpg

Last edited:

J.Ravi

I have started using Navi Maps using my smartphone.
After exhausting the free trial version of Navi Maps, I downloaded and started using Here maps using my smartphone. But, I am not happy with that. I had to go by the default route suggested by Here. Unlike my MapMyIndia navigator or Navi Maps, I could not change the route by inserting via points.
Once, while going fast over a construction joint on a flyover, my smarphone jumped out of the holder and fell on my lap without any damages! After this incident, I am toying with the idea of taking my good old sturdy 3.5" navigator for my next long ride.

TBTSRIDER

After exhausting the free trial version of Navi Maps, I downloaded and started using Here maps using my smartphone. But, I am not happy with that. I had to go by the default route suggested by Here. Unlike my MapMyIndia navigator or Navi Maps, I could not change the route by inserting via points.
Once, while going fast over a construction joint on a flyover, my smarphone jumped out of the holder and fell on my lap without any damages! After this incident, I am toying with the idea of taking my good old sturdy 3.5" navigator for my next long ride.
Hello Ravi Sir

I suggest buy a Tomtom Start 20 model navigator 4.3 Inches .You laready have a mobile mount in which you can place this and use :)