My Classic 350 Motorcycle Diaries

J.Ravi

Petrol Powered + Diesel Driven
Today morning, while washing the Blue Bird, I noticed one spoke that got cut near the hub and was dangling freely on the rear wheel, which was rotating slightly unevenly, indicating slightly bent rim, but I didn't feel any wobbling, while riding. I was in two minds: whether to ride to Pudupet, where wheel truing mechanics were available or to the nearest Royal Enfield authorised service station, Sri Velavan Motors, Anna Salai, Chennai, located just 2 km from my home. I chose the latter, called them, fixed appointment for the after-lunch session, rode there and got the work done costing ₹ 382 including replacement of one spoke priced ₹ 9. They took two hours to finish the job that included removal of the rear wheel from the bike and removal of tyre and tube from the rim and fitting them back after wheel-truing. Now, the rear wheel rotates freely and evenly.

WheelBendRemoval.jpg

Cherokee

Ravi sir,
I recently did Delhi to Chennai 2700km run on my TB350. After that, it seems to pull slightly on the right when both hands are lifted off the handlebar. Got it checked at Arvinduja's (Chennai). They said T cone set nut was loose, which has now been tightened. I remeber it getting loose quite frequently since first few months of ownership. Recently, it went loose on the trip and I got it tightened at Shirdi.
Anyways, Arvinduja motors said it is fine now. However, I took the bike back to them again the very next morning, as It was still pulling right. The service guys keep telling me that there is no problem. I asked them to check forks, bearings etc. They did some adjustmentse to the cone set again, and certified it is fine. I m still not satisfied. The service said that cone set may need replacement, but is not covered under warranty. My bike has is still under warranty, but due to expire in 3 weeks. I have done 8300km till now. Please suggest what should I do now. I dont want to be in a situation where I need to pay from my pocket after 3 weeks, which can be covered under warranty now. Also, why does the cone set nut get loose so easily?

Hallo everyone..!! I am Prakash Jadhav, working as Instrument Engineer in Saudi Arabia. Interested in Travel and Food. Recently while carrying out survey of Indian Motor bikes, I came across the BCMTouring and loved the information available in site by members, sharing their experiences and travel information.
Hope to contribute a lot in future.
Recently I booked TB500 based on the reviews and experiences from BCMTouring members. ( Mainly from Mr J.Ravi, Thanks Ravi Sir). I will get my Black Panther( TB500) in coming weeks. Hope to share my travel experiences and TB500 Dairies with you guys soon.
Thanks
Prakash Jadhav

J.Ravi

Blue Bird was in hibernation for 15 days. When I gently kicked her on 8 Oct 2015 morning, she started chirping happily in the very first kick!

Based on good reviews, I bought ResQTech tyre inflator from amazon.in costing ₹ 999 as I could not use my XUV 500's tyre inflator which has 15A rating and Blue Bird's 12V socket was connected through her ignition system with a maximum current of 5A. ResQTech is directly connected to the battery terminals with a maximum current of 6A. Today, I checked the air pressure and both the wheels needed 2 psi more. So, using ResQTech, I inflated both the wheels to the specified pressures quickly. Nowonwards, ResQTech will accompany Blue Bird in all long rides.

IMG_20151010_134002.jpg
IMG_20151010_124018.jpg

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Blue Bird was in hibernation for 15 days. When I gently kicked her on 8 Oct 2015 morning, she started chirping happily in the very first kick!

Based on good reviews, I bought ResQTech tyre inflator from amazon.in costing ₹ 999 as I could not use my XUV 500's tyre inflator which has 15A rating and Blue Bird's 12V socket was connected through her ignition system with a maximum current of 5A. ResQTech is directly connected to the battery terminals with a maximum current of 6A. Today, I checked the air pressure and both the wheels needed 2 psi more. So, using ResQTech, I inflated both the wheels to the specified pressures quickly. Nowonwards, ResQTech will accompany Blue Bird in all long rides.

View attachment 640482 View attachment 640483

Looks like the product i am looking for how is the durability can u provide any input on it.

J.Ravi

Today, Blue Bird got a new rear framed registration number plate in an attractive font without IND and hologram, costing ₹ 450 for the plate and ₹ 175 for the standard frame. The front one remains the same old factory-fitted. I fixed them myself.

IMG_6204.JPG