My Classic 350 Motorcycle Diaries

Mandar_C500

Me and Blue Bird arrived safely and comfortably at Central Bed&Breakfast, Kolkata at 1:30 am today. We would have reached atleast one hour earlier, but for the mother of all traffic jams created by the truckers at the entry point of the city and at Vidyasagar Setu toll plaza even at this ghostly hour. Even the two-wheelers are not spared; I paid ₹ 5.

View attachment 663054

The complimentary breakfast buffet at Winsar Park, Vizag was lavish and delicious.

Yesterday, we crossed one inter-state border, TN to AP. Today, we did two, AP to OD and OD to WB.

Petrol is cheaper in OD than in AP and WB by ₹ 5/litre.
Also please try to avoid night travelling specially motorcycle.
Ride safe sir.

Regards
Mandar

J.Ravi

Petrol Powered + Diesel Driven
My Thunderbird 500 brought me safely and comfortably to Jaiwana Haveli, Udaipur, at 00:30 am today. We wasted half-hour as my NaviMaps misguided and took me elsewhere. It always gets confused in the ghats.
After a few enquiries, I reached the venue. The main door was locked and the staff were sleeping inside. I used my maximum lung power and shouted with honking of double horn of Thunderbird 500; a boy, appearing to be sleep-walking, came out and opened the door. Another one hour was wasted due to the protests at HR-RJ border.
DelhiUdaipur.jpg

Last edited:

Mandar_C500

My Thunderbird 500 brought me safely and comfortably to Jaiwana Haveli, Udaipur, at 00:30 am today. We wasted half-hour as my NaviMaps misguided and took me elsewhere. It always gets confused in the ghats.
After a few enquiries, I reached the venue. The main door was locked and the staff were sleeping inside. I used my maximum lung power and shouted with honking of double horn of Thunderbird 500; a boy, appearing to be sleep-walking, came out and opened the door. Anohter one hour was wasted due to the protests at HR-RJ border.
View attachment 664282
Great going sir. Please let me know when you are crossing Pune, it will be my pleasure to meet you.

Regards
Mandar

J.Ravi

Petrol Powered + Diesel Driven
Today, I rode to Voyage Motors, Udaipur and got my bird serviced in my presence without any prior appointment. M/s Jasbir Singh Gandhi and his son, Jatin Gandhi took personal interest in getting my bird serviced on top priority. Not only that. Mr Jasbir Singh Gandhi test-rode my bird after servicing to confirm that everything was alright. I got back my bird at 2 pm. Blue Bird has already completed 4,150 km of Golden Quadrilateral ride. Now, she is fit as a fiddle to complete the remaining 2 k km.

7thService.jpg

Please let me know when you are crossing Pune, it will be my pleasure to meet you.
Thanks, Mandar_C500. Tomorrow night, I will be staying at Ginger, Wakad. I will be arriving late in the night, as usual. But, I will check out the next day [Wednesday] at 12 noon only.

Mandar_C500

Thanks, Mandar_C500. Tomorrow night, I will be staying at Ginger, Wakad. I will be arriving late in the night, as usual. But, I will check out the next day [Wednesday] at 12 noon only.
My place is very close to Hotel Ginger, Please ping me in the morning. will PM you my number.

Regards
Mandar