My Classic 350 Motorcycle Diaries

J.Ravi

100% Petrol Powered
Reached Ginger Wakad safely at 2:45 pm today; me and B Bird left Bangalore Basaveswara Nagar home at 1:05 am today. Took a break for one hour for a sumptuous and delicious buffet breakfast at Sankam Residency, Belagavi, costing just ₹ 185, all included, apart from fuel breaks. Upto Belagavi, it was biting cold. Then, it was scorching sun all the way to the hotel. In both the weather conditions, I felt very difficult to ride.

J.Ravi

100% Petrol Powered
Pune->Ahmedabad

Blue Bird brought me to Ginger Ahmedabad (656 km) at 6:40 pm today safely and comfortably. We had left Ginger Wakad at 5:30 am. Mumbai - Pune Expressway and NE1 are not two wheeler-friendly. So, I rode on the regular NH 4 and 48. NH 48 is a 6 lane access road to Ahmedabad. I enjoyed riding each and every mm and minute on NH 48. One word summarises: super. Missing such an access to Chennai.
I didn't know that it would be super. Had I known that, I would have ridden on this road during my GQ ride in February 2016. I had selected the Godhra route then, assuming it would be just another 4 lane road.

I breakfasted at Vithal Kamat, Manor between 9:30 and 10:30 am.

I rode on the on the famous Golden Bridge, connecting Ankleshwar and Bharuch over Narmada. I entered Ankleshwar and exited through Bharuch just for this.

J.Ravi

100% Petrol Powered
Ahmedabad

Today, I rode to and fro Sabarmati Ashram. 16 km. Majority of the riders in Ahmedabad don't wear helmet. Scant respect for the signals by the riders and drivers.

J.Ravi

100% Petrol Powered
Ahmedabad->Bhuj->White Desert->Bhuj

Just now, I returned to my room at Hotel Oasis, Bhuj after visiting White Desert. Here are the distances I covered today:

Ginger Ahmedabad (dep: 8:45 am) to Oasis Bhuj (arr: 2:20 pm): 334 km

Oasis Bhuj (dep: 3:30 pm) to White Desert to Oasis Bhuj (arr: 7:05 pm): 182 km

The roads are excellent all the way. The last 63 km to Bhuj comprised two lanes. The remaining are 4 or 6 lanes, thanks to the Kandla port connectivity. The road from Bhuj to White Desert is newly tarred 2 lane road.

J.Ravi

100% Petrol Powered
Bhuj->Porbandar

Me and my bird left Hotel Oasis, Bhuj after a filling breakfast at 9 am today. We reached Lords Eco Inn, Porbandar at 4 pm. 397 km. First time, we experienced bad roads in GJ. Upto Reliance Petrochemical complex in Jamnagar, the roads were excellent and 4 laned. After that, the road became rough, bumpy and uneven.
I learnt from the attendants of Reliance pump at Jamnagar that the roads will be like that upto Diu.

J.Ravi

100% Petrol Powered
Porbandar->Diu

My Thunderbird 500 brought me safely and comfortably to Golden Paying Guest House, Diu at 3:45 pm today. We had left Lords Eco Inn, Porbandar at 12 noon. 211 km only. Today's is the least km covered in a day in the entire ride. The roads are a mixed package, comprising the good, bad and ugly, the majority being the good.

Another UT, viz., Daman & Diu is added to the list of states and UT visited by my Thunderbird 500! :)

Last edited:

J.Ravi

100% Petrol Powered
Diu->Vadodara

I arrived at Ginger Vadodara at 2:30 pm today. 400 km. I had left Golden PG House, Diu at 6:10 am. I rode on the bad roads today, good being far less compared to the bad sections. As a consolation, I got the beautiful 6 lane road for the last 21 km.