My Classic 350 Motorcycle Diaries

J.Ravi

Petrol Powered + Diesel Driven
Vadodara->Pune. 533 km. 11 hours.

Arrived Ginger Wakad at 8:45 pm today; left Ginger Vadodara at 9:45 am. Rode on the Bharuch - Ankleshwar bypass without any problems. The new bridge is ready for inauguration by the prime minister. There was a big traffic jam at Godbundher junction; took more than half hour to cross.

J.Ravi

Pune->Bangalore . 848 km . 12¾ hours . 67 kmph

Blue Bird brought me home safely and comfortably at 2:30 am today. We had left Ginger Wakad at 1:45 pm. This section has achieved the highest average speed so far during this ride.

GJactual.jpg

The ride is almost over except for the last, short and sweet stretch, Bangalore->Chennai, which I will do after some days.

Last edited:

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Pune->Bangalore . 848 km . 12¾ hours . 67 kmph

Blue Bird brought me home safely and comfortably at 2:30 am today. We had left Ginger Wakad at 1:45 pm. This section has achieved the highest average speed so far during this ride.

View attachment 706850

The ride is almost over except for the last, short and sweet stretch, Bangalore->Chennai, which I will do after some days.
Very nice sir .
Sir do add kmpl section next time .

J.Ravi

Stay.jpg
DSC07801.JPG

Thanks a lot, KJa.
Thumbs up!!!!!
Thank you, Vik4290.
Very nice sir .Sir do add kmpl section next time .
Thanks, IJS. Most of the time, I had petrol for ₹ 600/700 or so, not exactly tankful, to save time. So, I will calculate the fuel efficiency in kmpl at the end of the ride. Secondly, I don't depend upon the inaccurate odometer of my Thunderbird 500, but rely on NaviMaps of my phone to calculate the distances ridden every day. So, for tankful-to-tankful method of calculation, I have to note down the distances from my NaviMaps whenever I have petrol. Let me try the next time, as you suggested.
Congo's on culmination of a safe journey-do post lots of photos sir.
Thank you, Gaurav Chopra.
Congrats on your trip to Gujarat inspiring me to do atleast 10% of what you have done!
Thank you so much, kprasad.

J.Ravi

The Dirty Bird - Insects Of 4 States & 1 UT

An insect-strike on a rider could be as dangerous as a bird-strike on an aircraft. So, I use a full-face helmet with visor while riding and wash and clean the visor during every refueling. However, I have not washed my bird during the GJ ride as I have decided to get it serviced after reaching Chennai. Here are some photographs showing the mortal remains of the insects of TN/KA/MH/GJ/DD that my bird attracted so far.

DSC07805.JPG
DSC07806.JPG
DSC07808.JPG
DSC07809.JPG
DSC07811.JPG
DSC07814.JPG
IMG_6419.JPG
IMG_6429.JPG
IMG_6434.JPG
IMG_6435.JPG
IMG_6436.JPG

BTW, my bird has so far visited 20 states and UT, viz., TN, PY, KA, KL, AP, OD, WB, JH, BR, UP, DL, HR, RJ, GJ, MH, TS, MP, PB, HP and DD.

J.Ravi

Just an hour ago, I renewed my bird's third party liability only insurance online with United India Insurance by paying ₹ 972, although the present insurance expires only in the next month.

Today, I cleaned and lubricated the chain and visited the nearby HP COCOO and got my bird's tank filled upto the brim.

Yesterday, I checked and topped up air pressure in both the tyres, using my portable tyre inflator.

Now, Blue Bird is ready to ride the last section, Bangalore -> Chennai, tomorrow.

Reactions: IJS

Vik4290

CrazyFreak
Just an hour ago, I renewed my bird's third party liability only insurance online with United India Insurance by paying ₹ 972, although the present insurance expires only in the next month.

Today, I cleaned and lubricated the chain and visited the nearby HP COCOO and got my bird's tank filled upto the brim.

Yesterday, I checked and topped up air pressure in both the tyres, using my portable tyre inflator.

Now, Blue Bird is ready to ride the last section, Bangalore -> Chennai, tomorrow.
Sir why third party insurance? Is there any specific reason not to go for Comprehensive Insurance.

J.Ravi

Bangalore->Chennai . 356 km . 6 hours 40 minutes

Blue Bird reached its registered nest at Royapettah, Chennai at 11 am today, ending the GJ ride officially, technically and formally. It left Bangalore Basaveswara Nagar home at 4:20 am today; crossed Hosur within one hour. Rain gave company from Hosur to Krishnagiri; crossed Vaniambadi toll plaza at 6:30 am; breakfasted at A2B Arcot Bypass between 7:30 and 8:15 am; had tankful at IOCL Woodlands Enterprises before arriving home.

For records purpose, there have been no puncture, no breakdown, no accident, no cops/RTO problem and no falling down. Blue Bird has done a hat-trick on that for the last 3 mega rides.
I am thankful and grateful to my bird for having brought me home safely and comfortably without any problems.

Sir why third party insurance? Is there any specific reason not to go for Comprehensive Insurance.
Third-party insurance is cheaper than the comprehensive. I have been taking third-party only from the last two years. I can save some money. I always resort to third-party after 3 years.