My Classic 350 Motorcycle Diaries

J.Ravi

100% Petrol Powered
My TB500's Tank's Inside Painted - Already Peeling Off

My Thunderbird 500 Twilight [March 2013 make] has its tank's inside painted grey. Worse, it has already started peeling off at the mouth and floor. When I rubbed my fingers at the mouth, a portion of paint layer came out with my finger.
Whatever may be the layer, paint or anti-corrosive or epoxy or galvanising, the layer peeling off is not a good sign. :(

PetrolTank.jpg

pskanp

Re: My TB500's Tank's Inside Painted - Already Peeling Off

My Thunderbird 500 Twilight [March 2013 make] has its tank's inside painted grey. Worse, it has already started peeling off at the mouth and floor. When I rubbed my fingers at the mouth, a portion of paint layer came out with my finger.
Whatever may be the layer, paint or anti-corrosive or epoxy or galvanising, the layer peeling off is not a good sign. :(

View attachment 404707
Very strange..! & it can be dangerous too. Can't think of the logic behind painting/spraying whatever it is, inside the fuel tank without checking it in R&D deptt beforehand. Potential Ladakh goers, get this checked thoroughly.
Is it only in new TBs, or earlier C5s also have this problem in them?

J.Ravi

100% Petrol Powered

Is it only in new TBs, or earlier C5s also have this problem in them?
All Royal Enfields' tank's inside is coated/painted including exported ones. Do they require enlightenment from the customers? :(

oilburner

A NuT On Bike

All Royal Enfields' tank's inside is coated/painted including exported ones. Do they require enlightenment from the customers? :(
from the pic i think inside of the tank is galvanised only tank's mouth is sprayed with epoxy . I think thats because when they sprayed the tank they may have sprayed the inside of mouth as well not taking enough care. anyways there is a micro filter inside the tank before the fuel pump so it wont damage the pump atleast AFAIK.

J.Ravi

100% Petrol Powered
Re: RC With Wrong Spec Received

When I pointed out these blunders, I was assured that RC, duly corrected and counter-signed, would be given to me in a couple of days.
Just a few minutes back, I received the corrected and attested RC home-delivered by Royal Enfield Brand Store, Chennai. I was told that they got the correct details incorporated at RTO systems that caused delay.

DSC09881.jpg

pskanp

Re: RC With Wrong Spec Received

Just a few minutes back, I received the corrected and attested RC home-delivered by Royal Enfield Brand Store, Chennai. I was told that they got the correct details incorporated at RTO systems that caused delay.

View attachment 405694
Now a days Govt. deptt. mistakes are possible to get corrected. They are a highly paid lot, & also are afraid that any of their mistakes might lead to some unwanted problems on their front. People are more aware now. The thing is that we should always cross check what we get. Because later on later it might be too late.