My cooking diary - Lockdown made me chef!!

Big Daddy

Super User
Ok, that helps. I guess there are three options. First, throw it away, which makes frying anything an expensive activity, and throwing it in drains is troublesome. The second is the one you mentioned. The third one is to use it again for frying, which would be a bad option because I am not sure how many times oil can be reused for frying.

I think with planning and sequencing waste could be minimized. For example, make pakodas at night, stain, and use the rest of the oil to make omelets in the morning. I think storing fried oil for a long time might damage it as well. For newbies, there are unchartered territories.

debu_champ

I think with planning and sequencing waste could be minimized.
Yes, that is the key. But as per experience (not cooking but fooding ;) ) I think 24 hours doesn't make any difference. Normally at our place, this is the maximum time used oil are kept. Normally it is around 12/14 hours to the next cooking time (previous night and current day morning)...

debu_champ

My first hand on try on any gravy:-

Hi friends....

Now I am going to post my first try on any gravy, that too, of mutton. Quite brave, isn't it?? :evil::evil:

If the above line is not enough to hold your chair firmly, then to mention you that, I made some twist, too, on the traditional recipe. Can you believe?? :eek::eek:

But let's not extend the words as well as lengthen the post, come to the point.

Mutton Duckbunglow prepared with a twist of following Goalbari Style!! \\:D/ \\:D/

Disclaimer: Mutton Duckbunglow is a very famous dish of both the Bengals and it's quite traditional, too. If I am not mistaken, it is a dish from united Bengal itself. On the other hand, "Goalbari'r Kosha Mangso" [Mutton Kosha from a restaurant in Kolkata - Shyambazar area called "Goalbari"] does not bring water into the mouth - it's very hard to find such Bengali person, who love to eat. I tried to mix the recipe of "Mutton Duckbunglow" with the style of "Goalbari Kosha Mangso". Here are the list of ingredients for you:

=====================================================
MAIN INGREDIENT

Mutton - 1 KG

ACCOMPANY

Potato - 3 Medium cut into half (Optional)
Egg - 3 Boiled (Optional)
Garlic - 1 Whole (Optional)

FRIED GARAM MASALA *****

Bay Leaves - 3
Coriander Seeds - 0.5 Cup
Red Chilly Whole - 5 Pcs
Cumin Seeds - 0.5 TSP
Cinnamon - 1 Inch
Black Pepper Seeds - 0.5 TSP
Cardamom - 5/6 Pcs
Cloves - 9/10 Pcs
Star Anise - 1
Mace - 1/4th Pc
Nutmeg - 1/8th Pc

MARINATION

Sour Card - 1 Cup
Salt - To Taste
Cumin Powder - 1.5 TSP
Coriander Powder - 1.5 TSP
Turmeric Powder - 2 TSP
Kashmiri Chili Powder - 0.5 TSP
Red Chili Powder - 1 TSP
Fried Garam Masala - 2.5 TSP *****
Onion - 2 Big (fine paste)
Papaya - 150 Gms (fine paste)
Ginger - 50 Gms (fine paste)
Garlic - 40 Gms (fine paste)
Green Chilly - To Taste (fine paste)
Coriander Leaves - 50 Gms (fine paste)

FOR COOKING

Wild Celery (Radhuni) - 0.5 TSP
Fenugreek (Methi) - 0.5 TSP
Black Cardamom - 1 Pc
Onion - 2 Medium Chopped
Tomato - 2 Medium Chopped
Sugar - 1 TSP
Salt - To Taste
Green Chilly - To Taste
Fried Garam Masala - 1.5 TSP *****
Ghee - 2 TSP

For the process, I have already uploaded the video in my Youtube channel. Please visit there and don't forget to Like, Comment, Share, Subscribe if you like it.

The video uploaded there is in Bengali and there are no subtitle. But I strongly believe, you shall understand it fully if you tally it with the ingredient list I provided. If still there are any language barrier, and you like to prepare the dish, please do not hesitate to ask! :minigun::minigun:

If you still not sure how it will taste and hesitating to prepare, believe me, it was just heavenly!! :supz::supz:

Here is the link for you...

Mutton Duckbunglow with Goalbari Twist