My Journey to Leh

Khagesh

Stumbling is not always a bad thing...

Especially when one stumbles upon a gem of a travelogue like this! This is a truly timeless recount of your astounding journey of grit and determination. :prayer:

Khagesh ji.. all I can say is.. the legacy continues...
=D>
Thank you.

The inspiration is something we receive and pass it on to someone else for the light must shine all the time, my intention of writing the travelogues was just that.

Comin gto grit and determination, frankly tell you what... Its not just me, I think anyone would have done the same in given circumstances.

In fact, my mettle was tested to limits in my Nepal journey where oxygen level fell down to 65 (now people with 90 panic and rush to hospitals).

Shackleton returned just 90 miles off his destination, the South Pole and when his wife asked how he could do that for which he answers, my wife would prefer a live rat than a dead lion. Truly here is one's grit put at test. So tempting, yet not fall prey to it. The temptations are so strong, having endured so much, destination within sight, yet, one must be brave not to fall for it.

Thank you once again.

sayshh

So tempting, yet not fall prey to it. The temptations are so strong, having endured so much, destination within sight, yet, one must be brave not to fall for it.
This is so true. Not to succumb to the temptation is the real test of one's maturity. To turn back from a point that's stone's throw away (relatively) from destination requires a lot of determination.

One of my favourite supporting quotes for this during treks used to be:

"Getting to the top is optional, getting down is mandatory" (~ Ed Viesturs)

The other quotes from your travelogue that resonate with me:

“There are bold pilots, there are old pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.”
Better be a live rat at home than a dead lion on Pongang Tso.