My Journey to Nepal

Khagesh

oh khagesh ji hope u r ok. thank god nothing serious had happened
Thank you. I am perfectly alright now. Isn't that an irony two such long solo trip one to Leh and another one to Muktinath, EBC, not even a scratch and I meet this stupid accident while commuting to my job. But that's the life.

smoothwanderer

yeah me too had the same incident. after my trip to ladakh on my bike on the very same day i reached home i had an accident near my home when a kid rammed his motorcycle on to mine and i sustained a hairline fracture on my left arm and my bike sustained a damage 0f INR 25000.

Khagesh

yeah me too had the same incident. after my trip to ladakh on my bike on the very same day i reached home i had an accident near my home when a kid rammed his motorcycle on to mine and i sustained a hairline fracture on my left arm and my bike sustained a damage 0f INR 25000.
What an irony! We make such long trips without any untoward incidents for me not even a puncture and we meet accidents in our daily routine drives.
Here I wish to state something and ask if other riders too felt this: When on such long trips I feel an envelope around me, a sort of aura during entire trip which would begin well before the commencement of the trip say a day or two and continues till we reach home back. I do everything normal yet not touched by the things around me. An alien at our own home! A sort of protection? May be, why not. This is what I attribute to our safe return to our homes. I do not know if any other riders too felt this or is it that I am the only romantic fool imagining the things.

adsatinder

explorer
What an irony! We make such long trips without any untoward incidents for me not even a puncture and we meet accidents in our daily routine drives.
Here I wish to state something and ask if other riders too felt this: When on such long trips I feel an envelope around me, a sort of aura during entire trip which would begin well before the commencement of the trip say a day or two and continues till we reach home back. I do everything normal yet not touched by the things around me. An alien at our own home! A sort of protection? May be, why not. This is what I attribute to our safe return to our homes. I do not know if any other riders too felt this or is it that I am the only romantic fool imagining the things.
Read this Thread to get some answers:

Use Google translate option if not comfortable in reading Hindi.....

Khagesh

Read this Thread to get some answers:

[/URL]

Use Google translate option if not comfortable in reading Hindi.....
I should call you the encyclopedia of BCMT Satinderji. Thank you for the share. Yes, that was the instinct that keeps you telling. This was of short duration. What I was mentioning something else which protects you all along the trip. I dont know if someone else too felt this and mentioned in their travelogues.

I speak Hindi fairly well and I love it. Reading, well the slavery to english language took toll over me too like on many other Indians. Yet, I read it in Hindi only for I love it. Nevertheless, it took quite bit of a time, may be half an hour or so. :)

Thank you once again.

adsatinder

explorer
What I was mentioning something else which protects you all along the trip. I dont know if someone else too felt this and mentioned in their travelogues.
I also felt this in other way.
I have to move and do my job and travel a lot in a big city called Delhi-NCR.
You can move 200 km in only Delhi & NCR in a single day !
LOL !

I felt same when I am on a mission to complete a job, something protects you from any mishaps or events at time.
Even I get all the Green Lights at Traffic Signals when I am in hurry to complete my job in time.
All the players that I meet work smoothly for a major and important jobs always.
My job is time bound mostly for Media work.

Though accidents can happen anywhere but nothing major happened so far.
Small incidents happened without any major harm and I continued to my job.

For distant tours, I am always protected till now.
A major delay was avoided in 2010,
when I went with my friends to Kedanath Ji & badrinath Ji in August.
We crossed the Joshimath from Badrinath Ji side and got a call that where are you ?
There is news flashing on TV Channels that road to Badrinath Ji is blocked.
A major part of the road 200-500 metres has caved in.
This was happened near a bridge named Vishnu Prayag.
Road was blocked for next 6 days atleast for cars.
We were on our 2nd last day on return.
There may be more such incidents but I forgot them.

Last edited:

Khagesh

I also felt this in other way.
I have to move and do my job and travel a lot in a big city called Delhi-NCR.
You can move 200 km in only Delhi & NCR in a single day !
LOL !

I felt same when I am on a mission to complete a job, something protects you from any mishaps or events at time.
Even I get all the Green Lights at Traffic Signals when I am in hurry to complete my job in time.
All the players that I meet work smoothly for a major and important jobs always.
My job is time bound mostly for Media work.

Though accidents can happen anywhere but nothing major happened so far.
Small incidents happened without any major harm and I continued to my job.

For distant tours, I am always protected till now.
A major delay was avoided in 2010,
when I went with my friends to Kedanath Ji & badrinath Ji in August.
We crossed the Joshimath from Badrinath Ji side and got a call that where are you ?
There is news flashing on TV Channels that road to Badrinath Ji is blocked.
A major part of the road 200-500 metres has caved in.
This was happened near a bridge named Vishnu Prayag.
Road was blocked for next 6 days atleast for cars.
We were on our 2nd last day on return.
There may be more such incidents but I forgot them.
Thank you for sharing the information Satinderji.

I had been to these places on my Chardhaam visit. I can understand your predicament. I was on a regular tourist group. I wish to do this trip once again, but on my bike, as usual solo, on my pace. Wish to visit all the four lakes beyond all the char dhams plus valley of flowers and Sri Hemkund Sahib ji too, and Tungnathji too.

Waiting for His call as usual.

Khagesh

Having done two trips to Himalayas all the way from my home without missing even a single heartbeat I think my bike deserves this title "The Himalayan Explorer". Just wanted to share, not to brag. If only we, me and my bike, could go to Manasarovar, solo as usual. Only if.... Hope the day would come soon. The summer is in the air and the call to Himalayas is too strong to resist. But, only if I could.
345.jpg

citymonk

Super User
Stumbled on this thread today evening only, since then am hooked to it. It is already past 2 am in night while reading it but have reached till page 5 of this Mega Epic Adventure.
Great narrative Khagesh Sir.

I have little query after food poisoning or I will say heat stroke, where you kept your money and Camera e.t.c. was it safe in Hotel room while you were in ICU room, especially safety of cash. How you managed that in unknown place.

Last edited:

Khagesh

Stumbled on this thread today evening only, since then am hooked to it. It is already past 2 am in night while reading it but have reached till page 5 of this Mega Epic Adventure.
Great narrative Khagesh Sir.

I have little query after food poisoning or I will say heat stroke, where you kept your money and Camera e.t.c. was it safe in Hotel room while you were in ICU room, especially safety of cash. How you managed that in unknown place.
Thank you. My travelogue holding your attention till that wee hours proves my efforts of writing this travelogue have not gone in vain.

Yes, it could be sunstroke too. Havent thought of that angle at all.

Whatever it was, it hit me really so hard, so much so that I just didn't care anything, I just wanted to get little energy which could make me ride my bike.

I vividly remember that morning my senses were telling me that I must seek proper medical attention, just left with some cash in my pocket and left everything in the hotel room. This is when I met that good samaritan on the road who took me to that Government Hospital. I carried little money I remember. I had to come back to the hotel to take more money to buy some medicines and hired a local auto rickshaw to and fro to a medical shop.

So I left everything in the hotel room itself. Did I have any other option? Sometimes its best to let the situation take charge of you, especially when you are really helpless. Solo rides do teach us a lot I suppose.

Thank you once again.