My new Royal Enfield Classic 500 EFi !!

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by deepaksaligram, Dec 3, 2009.

1. deepaksaligram

deepaksaligram Active Member

Cramster already has bags specific for Classic (Kolt).. But the pic looks bad in RE website.. The side panel decal looks fake.. dunno what they are upto :confused:

:grin: :twisted: :grin:

2. bradhey

bradhey Member

So Deepak, How is it going with the new upswept shorty ? :confused:
    Is it making enough noise to let people know you are coming ? :)
    Any changes in mileage or other wise, such as improvement on pickup ?;)

3. bradhey

bradhey Member

Crash Guard /Leg Guard for C5

Which will be the most suitable crash guard for the C5 and C3.5

Keeping in consideration that it matches perfectly with the character of the bike, is strong enough to do its job (that is to protect it in case of an eventuality) and (important on my list) allows me to strech my legs for a change (like a proper cruiser) on an open highway !!

If possible, please suggest price and source of availability.
    Thanks.

4. deepaksaligram

Its making a lot of sound :grin: good enough to tell people i am coming :D !! frankly been only in city so pick up and mileage will update in a few days !!

I found a good one here for Rs.950/-.. This is how it looks..

IMG_3609.jpg

5. nfsnfs

nfsnfs Member

Nice Ride Deepak .
    Does it come in any other color . The color does not suite the bike at all .BTW is there a pillion sear available as option ?

6. bradhey

bradhey Member

Deepak this is such a smashing photo. The bike looks as if somebody has picked it from 1960s setting and placed in 2010.

But I doubt if this crash guard looks equally superb from the front as it looks form the side pose ??

7. deepaksaligram

Thanks Nfsnfs, Colour is lot more brighter than what you see here, It comes with a pillion seat as you can see in the below picture !! It also comes in Maroon and Black !!

Thanks Bradhey, the picture credit goes to Praful of BCMT (As you can see in the photo)

Here is how it looks from the front !!

P1050574.jpg

8. ebonho

ebonho Banned

Last Friday I went and booked my Classic 500. When she comes (some 7-8 months from now as per the dealer), she will be the 3rd 500 in my garage. :) The dealer has color wise waiting lists. He is at 60+ in Black, 50+ in Green, and I am somewhere in the mid 30s in Maroon. And this is one dealer in one city. No wonder the backlog all over India (the firangs no doubt will get expedited delivery). The replacement for the ugly integrated saree guard is some 4-500 bucks. The silencer-bend pipe is for some 3500 bucks. There is some talk of them stopping body colored mudguards and frame and converting to chrome and black respectively a la the LB. Any news on that? Also, there were 5 Classics waiting for delivery there and none of them had the black plastic guard for the EFI yet. Last question - why do the tool boxes have a black beading on the edge of the lid? Looks pretty ugly. The long wait starts now .....

9. bradhey

bradhey Member

It looks classy to me. But are you able to extend your feet (as on a proper cruiser) especially on the right side, without touching the silencer pipe ??:cool:

10. bradhey

bradhey Member

The saree guard may look ugly but it covers up the characterless left side of the bike which looks very "strange" and empty ever since the drive chain has been moved to the right side.

Body coloured fenders/mudguards and frame are a distinguishing feature of the C5, These would be changed only on the C5 Machismo, to my knowledge.

The plastic guard for EFI, like imported seals and gaskets plus many other components are only for export models. That's how RE treats its Indian buyers, who may not pay extra for the higher quality components, they think.
    And they are not alone, car manufacturers here give air bags as optional safety feature, where as its compulsory all over the world.

The tool box and air filter box have black beadings to make them "air tight" thus prevent entry of dust, which they unfortunately fail to do, very badly.

I myself own the red wine /burgundy shade of C5, however I feel that the black colour gives you more options of playing around with things in future, say if you want to change your tank's colour or fenders to chromed ones. The black is more flexible in those terms. Plus it may easily be passed as a modified STD 350 by onlookers, so "Aapki bike ko kabhi buri nazar bhi nahi lagegi" :D But the biggest advantage is black bikes will be easy to maintain if they get scrached as touch up work with black colour is easier than any other.