My new Royal Enfield Classic 500 EFi !!

supriyfale

RiderByChance
Hi Guys,

I have another query on my 2016 DS 500 which has a dual horn setup.

My horn was not working. It used to blow sometimes and sometimes just go blank.

My mechanic suggested to add a relay (Bosch 5 point) which I did. However, he took the connection from the ignition key (and not the battery). I read in some forums that this is not the right way and the connection should always be taken from a battery positive (with a fuse, if possible).

Since the wiring is done and I have not faced any issue so far, so question to you guys is whether there would be any issue to the DS 500 electrical setup or I should not worry much and continue to use it as connected.

Btw ,horn is now working all the time.

Thank you guys for providing some insight.

Cheers!

Supriy Fale
Thane, Maharashtra

shamzir

Hi Guys,

My mechanic suggested to add a relay (Bosch 5 point) which I did. However, he took the connection from the ignition key (and not the battery). I read in some forums that this is not the right way and the connection should always be taken from a battery positive (with a fuse, if possible).

Since the wiring is done and I have not faced any issue so far, so question to you guys is whether there would be any issue to the DS 500 electrical setup or I should not worry much and continue to use it as connected.

Cheers!

Supriy Fale
Thane, Maharashtra
connect pin 30 from your battery (use a fuse in between), pin 87 to your horn or any accessory, 85 to ground (any metal bolt will do), for pin 86, you need a positive voltage to activate relay circuit. For that i used to splice wire from ignition key return line. To check which one is live wire and which one is switched, remove the socket to which ignition switch is connected to and test both lines. Connect the 86 wire to which does not have power. 86 requires very little voltage to activate relay switch hence you can safely connect this wire to ignition key. Main circuit is from pin 30 to 87, hence use appropriate gauge wire for it.
PS: Experts plz correct me if i am wrong.

Screenshot_20180729-123343_Chrome.jpg

Hi Guys,

Cheers!

Supriy Fale
Thane, Maharashtra
Ideally he should have taken power from battery directly. In this setup if something goes wrong then the main fuse would blow, which would be an indicator that you need to connect the relay input to battery or the wiring may damage in the future.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

supriyfale

RiderByChance
Thank you Vivek and Shamzir.

So how does the new wiring would look? Can you provide any diagram representation which i can take a print and show to the mech?

Thank you once again.

Regards,
Supriy

Triprit

Hi guys!

Recently my classic 500 got submerged in water completely due to flooding of the basement where it was parked on 26.07.18

Took it to the service centre and got the engine drain plug opened today. Around 4-5 ltrs of water was drained, followed by an equal amount of oil mixed with water and mud. Upon opening the side cases, mud was found there too.

Water has entered the fuel tank too , but luckily the fuel pump is working.

Mechanic has suggested change of crank shaft bearings and replacement of piston cylinder since it has rusted, giving and estimate of 17000-20,000, including labour.

I wonder if crank shaft bearings will get damaged due to water, and can't the rust be removed with some de-rusting agent?? Just wanted to know if I am being made a bakra ??

Triprit

P.S. - I did not attempt to start the bike after it submerged. Also, HDFC Ergo has rejected the claim saying engine damage is not covered in the policy.