My raid de Himalaya endeavour with a stock motorcycle

Discussion in 'Travelogues from North India' started by flaxman12, Oct 31, 2018.

1. flaxman12

flaxman12 Well-Known Member

getting entry into a tough job indeed . the eligibility to enter into raid de himalaya need a lot of paper work ,more than any admission into college or any job -i filled at least 42 different forms to take part in raid.. its a lengthy and tiring process. every participant must have a prior experience of one rally -but by seeing my record of my different rides on platina in Himalayan regions of nepal .mr vijay parmar gave me direct entry into raid. before raid i never ever seen any motorsport and did not have any friend who is into motorsports -i just wanted to check my riding skill and my goal was at least to complete the raid .

adsatinder and Yogesh Sarkar like this.
  2. jitenderpathania

jitenderpathania Globetrekker

Good Going Sir................. waiting for more :rolleyes:

flaxman12 likes this.
  3. flaxman12

one need federation of motorsports club of india rally license to compete in raid de himalaya. and have to complete many formalities to get this license like various types of medical tests and affidavit and many things. as well raid de himalaya organizer have made it compulsory to have special medical insurance of rally of at least 5 lakh rupees and vehicle insurance .and lods of forms and formalities . one can apply for fmsci license online ...i bought a body armour from a shop from jaipur ,hip guard online and knee guard and elbow guard ..now i was rally ready ..the main problem was rear tyre of my motorcycle was not trail tyre so i searched a lot on internet for a suitable tyre .in whole jaipur i could not find tyre i went to delhi with motorcycle to change tyre and in karol bagh at a shop namely master tyre i got a ralco speed blaster od exact size

4. flaxman12

ralco speed blaster 130 17 70 i bought for 2300

Screenshot_2018-11-03-21-40-27-135_com.android.chrome.png

adsatinder, Yogesh Sarkar and gkapoor like this.
  5. bullt_SK

bullt_SK Member

Nice! great going...great guts! keep moving.....we are all anxiously waiting for more updates

6. Yogesh Sarkar

Yogesh Sarkar Administrator

Wow, that's a lot of forms! Hope they can somewhat simplify the process for the participants in the future.

adsatinder likes this.
  7. flaxman12

finally after a lot of preparation i left Jaipur on 3 October .rally was scheduled to begin on 10 the October but we had to report 2 days prior to rally for formalities so i took day advance

IMG_20181003_165054.jpg

IMG_20181003_165107.jpg

8. flaxman12

on 3rd i stayed in Delhi because i had to purchase gloves and other things .on 4 th noon i started for jalandhar where my Facebook friend kulbhushan ji was waiting for me .i reached jalandhar in 5 hours .performance of hero extreme was good .it was touching 115 per hour

IMG_20181004_234754.jpg

9. flaxman12

on 5th October around 12 pm i left for shrinagar -and bought a chain spray for motorcycle ..around 7 pm i got stuck in the traffic jam of ramban and i noticed clutch plate of new extreme was gone .it was due to my mistakes because many times i was accelerating and starting in wrong gear .i was out of town so i had to come back to ramban that was 5 kilometer

10. flaxman12

highway in jammu

IMG_20181005_163532.jpg

IMG_20181005_163538.jpg

IMG_20181005_163558.jpg