My RE TB 500 Motorcycle Diaries

J.Ravi

Petrol Powered + Diesel Driven
Re: Fuel Float Replaced

Can you please throw some light on what a fuel float is and how does it look? Actually my tank will also be replaced, and i wanted to ensure that the new tank and the fuel float both works properly..
The fuel float is fitted inside the tank and connected with a cable to the digital fuel gauge. When the tank is full, 7 bars should be displayed. I don't have photograph of the fuel float, but it was somewhat white, plastic cylindrical one. When you leave your bike for tank replacement, go with full tank. They will siphon off the petrol, remove the existing tank, fit the new one and refill the petrol. At that time, please check whether 7 bars are displayed on the digital fuel gauge; otherwise, ask them to replace the float too. I wish you all the best.

oilburner

A NuT On Bike

Hi Sir,
Can you please throw some light on what a fuel float is and how does it look? Actually my tank will also be replaced, and i wanted to ensure that the new tank and the fuel float both works properly..
Thanks in advance
open the top cover of toilet flush and you will find a float inside . its the same but may be smaller in size its function is to move the sensor arm up or down to increse or decrease current flow to fuel gauge by which it shows different bars.

The fuel float is fitted inside the tank and connected with a cable to the digital fuel gauge. When the tank is full, 7 bars should be displayed. I don't have photograph of the fuel float, but it was somewhat white, plastic cylindrical one. When you leave your bike for tank replacement, go with full tank. They will siphon off the petrol, remove the existing tank, fit the new one and refill the petrol. At that time, please check whether 7 bars are displayed on the digital fuel gauge; otherwise, ask them to replace the float too. I wish you all the best.
Thanks a lot Sir! Got it now :)

- - - Updated - - -

open the top cover of toilet flush and you will find a float inside . its the same but may be smaller in size its function is to move the sensor arm up or down to increse or decrease current flow to fuel gauge by which it shows different bars.
Thank you :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi All,
Does anybody have any idea where to get Royal Enfield keychains/keyrings in Bangalore?

J.Ravi

Today, my Blue Bird electric-started in the very first cranking after sleeping for 15 continuous days!
I rode her for a big round and got the air pressure checked and filled to the specified limits. I was away on a 7 k km-long mega trip in my Linea. In order to avoid Blue Bird feeling jealous of her elder sibling, I must take her to an one-day trip atleast.

Mandar_C500

Hats off to your touring spirit and the way you drive. I have read some of your travel logs on team-bhp specially where you have done Nagpur to Amritsar.

J.Ravi

Bangalore>Chitradurga Fort>Vani Vilasa Sagara Dam>Bangalore

449 km in less than 13 hours. 57 kmph. 32 kmpl.

1.jpg

Ever since I watched Naagarahaavu [1972 - Kannada], which was shot extensively in the Chitradurga Fort, I wanted to visit this historical place. Many times, we had passed through Chitradurga without even stopping. That's the irony of life! We visit many far away, exotic locations; but we ignore the important nearby places.

Yesterday, I and my Blue Bird were hectic. We rode from Basaveswara Nagar home to Chitradurga Fort, and then, to Vani Vilasa Sagara Dam, before returning home. We left at 5:20 am in the morning and reached New Mysore Cafe, Chitradurga at 8:30 am. After sumptuous breakfast, I entered the fort at 9:15 am. The cloudy weather was very helpful in trekking around 5 km with many ups and downs with the fort. Finally, after witnessing 'Kothi' Rama- who is a popular person in Chitradurga - climbing a steep rock with bare hands, I came out of the fort after 3 hours at 12:15 pm.

1a.JPG

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

8.jpg

9.JPG

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.JPG

15.jpg

16.JPG

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

From Chitradurga Fort, I rode straight to Vani Vilasa Sagara Dam, constructed by Mysore Maharajas. My MapMyIndia navigator guided me and my Blue Bird perfectly to the spot. I climbed the dam from the right bank, walked on the dam top from the right bank to the left bank, clicked many photographs and left by 2:20 pm for homeward journey. I stopped at Kamat Upachar at Sira bypass for late lunch. I reached home by 6 pm after my Blue Bird had tankful at the nearby HP COCOO. My Blue Bird displayed all the 7 bars on the fuel gauge after tankful for the first time after replacement of a faulty float.

27.jpg

28.JPG

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg