My RE TB 500 Motorcycle Diaries

J.Ravi

Petrol Powered + Diesel Driven
A few weeks back, I observed chrome layer peeled off at some places on my Blue Bird's crash-guard.

WP_20140220_009.jpg

Yesterday, I rode to Quality Metal Indutries and showed it to Rizwan Ahmed from whom I bought the crash-guard on 17 April 2013. He remembered me, arranged for removal of the crash-guard from the bike and asked me to come today. I called him in the afternoon and he confirmed that it was ready. I rode there and got it fitted. The entire unit was re-electro-plated and the crash-guard looked shining and brand new. There is no trace of exposed metallic surface. The entire work was done free of cost. I am thankful to Quality Metal Industries for their prompt action.

A.jpg

B.jpg

C.jpg

Now, my Blue Bird enjoys the fully-covered comfortable nest.

IMG_1235.jpg

J.Ravi

Well that's not a good news to your followers who are put up in Pune/Mumbai :)
Nothing to worry, Pankaj Zarekar. I don't think that peeling off of chrome layer has anything to do with lack of workmanship or quality of materials used. Perhaps, it might have been caused in cramped public parking contributed by fellow-bikers.

Last edited:

pskanp

I have got an offer to go to ladakh in a private group on my TB500, but I want to go in tour organised by Royal Enfield company.
Has anyone gone on a Ladakh trip organised by Royal Enfield company? How was it, did it turned out good or there was any shortcoming?
Please help folks, all the Gurus here,please comment as to what I should do.

Pankaj Zarekar

I have got an offer to go to ladakh in a private group on my TB500, but I want to go in tour organised by Royal Enfield company.
Has anyone gone on a Ladakh trip organised by Royal Enfield company? How was it, did it turned out good or there was any shortcoming?
With RE organized tours, there may be too much of crowd or riders, plus they would just doing it for the completing the ride. You may miss the beauty of Ladakh in organized tour.

Other side is, you will have expert backup support team.

Aayush

Be ready to do 50 push ups and 10 km run in a 2 hour time limit before qualifying :p

J.Ravi

Bird's Day Out: Chennai>Kodaikanal>Chennai [1,140 km] Within 24 Hours!

Did anybody visit Kodaikanal and start the return journey within a couple of hours?

Yes, we [self + Blue Bird] did on 28 February 2014. :grin:

As per my policy of 'paragraphs minimum, photographs maximum', let the photographs do the talking!

RouteMap.jpg

DSC01553.JPG

KodaiMID1.jpg

KodaiMID2.jpg

DSC01568.jpg

DSC01571.jpg

DSC01572.jpg

DSC01577.jpg

DSC01580.jpg

DSC01585.jpg

DSC01586.jpg

DSC01606.jpg

DSC01610.jpg

DSC01615.jpg

DSC01616.jpg

DSC01618.jpg

DSC01621.jpg

DSC01623.jpg

DSC01631.jpg

DSC01642.jpg

DSC01645.JPG

DSC01646.jpg

DSC01649.jpg

DSC01656.jpg

DSC01658.jpg

DSC01659.jpg

DSC01664.jpg

DSC01667.jpg

DSC01676.jpg

We reached Shri Sangeetha, Trichy at 8:45 pm, had dinner, Blue Bird had bellyful of petrol at Trichy TVS BP pump and started the homeward journey by 9:45 pm.

KodaiMID3.jpg

Blue Bird recorded a fuel efficiency of 31.64 kmpl [36.03 litres for 1140 km]. The fuel expenses were :r: 2,734.91.

The food expenses amounted to :r: 264.

Entry to Kodaikanal, Governor's View Point and Pillar Rocks and tips cost :r: 26.

The total expenditure incurred for the entire trip was :r: 3,024.91.

pskanp

Yesterday at a small road crossing, one i10 ahead of me suddenly screeched to a stop. It was slow but in spite of my best efforts & jamming my brake I slightly rammed to its back bumper. It was more than slight. Not my fault, nothing happened, but today when I was cleaning I saw a small depression in my front mudguard. On closely looking, found it must've hit the leg guard bar on travel. Strange!
What to do to avoid this again, ??
dent.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

oilburner

A NuT On Bike
My friend started my TBTS 500 after a month and a half and its milling sensor light was blinking during starting and idling rpm was high . does anyone have a clue ???

J.Ravi

I tried in vain to trace all the long rides of Blue Bird on one map. The second-best alternative was to put them all in one page. :)

TripsAtAGlance.jpg