My RE TB 500 Motorcycle Diaries

incarnation

Super User
sir one question though, Have you done valparai route, if you have could you please tell me is May a good time to visit there with family. i love those bends on the map. i have been seeing this route on my P.C. for the last one month. hence thought ill ask the guru.

J.Ravi

Petrol Powered + Diesel Driven
Have you done valparai route
Yes. I rode Chennai>Valparai>Sholayar Dam>Athirapilli waterfalls>Chennai in Dec 2013. The details are here: http://www.bcmtouring.com/forums/threads/my-re-tb-500-motorcycle-diaries.51978/page-17#post-910868

could you please tell me is May a good time to visit there with family.
Be prepared for some pre-monsoon showers. If you don't want to get drenched, ride before April in hot sun. You have to select between the showers and hot sun!

i love those bends on the map.
Me too. Pollachi-Valparai ghat road is my favourite. I love to drive/ride on those beautiful roads again and again. :)

kmreddy

Ravi Sir, i have been following the log regularly and congratulations for the successful completion of the GQ on Royal TB500. I have seen/read about test rides of the new entrants the mojo, himalayan as the new ones to take place of tb500, sir, i humbly feel theres only one royal highway tourer, cruiser TB500 and the replacement for it can only be another big brother TB500. waiting for big brother TB

J.Ravi

In Mojo, I like the OE stock Pirelli tubeless tyres with alloy rims, which will ensure repairing a puncture an easy job.
i humbly feel theres only one royal highway tourer, cruiser TB500 and the replacement for it can only be another big brother TB500.
Well-said, kmreddy. I agree 100%.
waiting for big brother TB
Advance congratulations and best wishes.

J.Ravi

While riding in AP in the first day [15 Feb 2016], the wind force was so heavy in the morning, it dislodged my phone from the holder and it flew out, but luckily, I took a catch on my left hand, thereby saving my mobile. But, on the second time near Chilakaluripeta, I was not lucky. It flew out as I was going in 100 kmph speed and dropped on the road. Fortunately, there were no vehicles behind me, I came back and retrieved it. Thank god, it did not break; only some scratches on the back side.
Screenshot_2016-04-11-14-38-14-408.jpeg

After this incident, I became a collector of rubber bands for use during my remaining part of the Golden Quadrilateral ride. :D Due to continuous ride in hot summer, the rubber bands became sticky and unusable requiring frequent replacement.

IMG_6233.JPG

IMG_6231.JPG

On 18 March 2016, I ordered a universal phone holder having a silicone band from Ali Express, costing $ 4.57 [₹ 317.01]. Today, I received it.

IMG_6237.JPG

IMG_6238.JPG

Actually, I would be using the silicone grip only in the existing set up, keeping the holder as a back-up. Since my Thunderbird 500 is 350 km away from me, I tried this on my son's Classic 500 and am fully satisfied. So, I don't have to fear of jumping phones in my next ride! :)

J.Ravi

Blue Bird celebrated her third birthday on 15 April 2016 in hibernation, solely due to my unavoidable absence. During these 3 years, she visited 15 states and UT, viz., TN, PY, KA, KL, AP, OD, WB, JH, BR, UP, DL, HR, RJ, GJ and MH.
I am hopeful of her adding a few more states/UT in her list in the years to come.
It's time to indulge in nostalgia.

collage-2016-05-11.jpg