My RE TB 500 Motorcycle Diaries

J.Ravi

Petrol Powered + Diesel Driven
Awesome i loved the Collage. shows the love towards the vehicle. wish you all the best for your future journey.
Thanks for the appreciation and wishes, incarnation.
Wishing you and your Bluebird many many miles of smiles!
Thank you, Gaurav Chopra, for the wishes.
J.Ravi sir which bike you pick Mojo or Himalaya
Out of the two, I like Mojo because of its power, torque, Pirelli tubeless tyres and gadgets. :)

J.Ravi

It's time to look back at the major rides of Blue Bird.

Collage2.jpg

29.jpg

1. Bangalore>Mysore>Gopalaswamy Hill & Back

2. Bangalore>Chitradurga Fort>Vani Vilasa Sagara Dam>Bangalore

3. Chennai>Kanniyakumari>Chennai Within 25 Hours

4. Chennai>Aliyar/Sholayar Dams>Charpa/Athirapilly Falls>Chennai [1386 km] Within 28 Hours

5. Chennai>Kodaikanal>Chennai [1,140 km] Within 24 Hours

6. Chennai>MetturDam>Ooty>Chennai In 24 Hours

7. Chennai>Gandikota>Belum Caves>Chennai Within 23 Hours

8. Golden Quadrilateral

Screenshot_2016-02-27-10-20-16-523.jpeg

For the first time, I have prepared two sets of detailed plans/itineraries - one each for Thunderbird 500 and XUV 500 - for my next mega ride/drive. Whoever wins the race, it will only win by a nose!

J.Ravi

After deciding to retire the OE stock rear-view mirrors [RVM] as the LHS has become dull and faded, I selected the new Avenger Cruise chrome RVM as they look sturdier, more stylish and better quality compared to the OE stock ones.

IMG_20160707_160437.jpg
PriceTag.jpg

Since my son was also not satisfied with his Classic 500's OE stock ones, I bought a set and fitted on his Classic 500. He is satisfied with the new Avenger Cruise RVM after using for a coupla days. So, today, I bought another set and fixed them on my B Bird. Each set costs ₹ 678. I am yet to test the new RVM on the city roads and highways.

IMG_20160711_135820.jpg

IMG_20160711_135834.jpg

IMG_20160711_135943.jpg

IMG_20160711_140020.jpg

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
After deciding to retire the OE stock rear-view mirrors [RVM] as the LHS has become dull and faded, I selected the new Avenger Cruise chrome RVM as they look sturdier, more stylish and better quality compared to the OE stock ones.

View attachment 683357 View attachment 683358

Since my son was also not satisfied with his Classic 500's OE stock ones, I bought a set and fitted on his Classic 500. He is satisfied with the new Avenger Cruise RVM after using for a coupla days. So, today, I bought another set and fixed them on my B Bird. Each set costs ₹ 678. I am yet to test the new RVM on the city roads and highways.

View attachment 683359
View attachment 683360
View attachment 683361
View attachment 683362
Ravi sir,with these Avenger mirrors,you will see twice the area on your back than the RE stock ones-nice move.

the great

I have the same mirrors and they are really a suitable upgrade to the stock ones.

Ravi sir, I saw a few Thunderbirds yesterday at the service center. There were 2 bikes that came with instrument cluster problem. The buttons were not working upto the mark. Is this a common problem in all TB ? The service guys said it happens in rains sometimes is this true ?

incarnation

Super User
Sir try the mirrors of Enticer they are stable than avengers mirrors as they have short length and wide view. As you have purchased it already try it in future when the need arises. They are also anti glare.​

J.Ravi

Awesome rides sirji. You are inspiration for many like me
Thanks, pops8906.

Is this a common problem in all TB ? The service guys said it happens in rains sometimes is this true ?
My bird's original OE instrument cluster was replaced at 5,722 km due to cracked glass under warranty. Apart from that, I have not faced any other problem. Of course, the inaccurate readings are shown in the replaced one too.

Sir try the mirrors of Enticer they are stable than avengers mirrors as they have short length and wide view. They are also anti glare.
Thanks for the information, incarnation.