My RE TB 500 Motorcycle Diaries

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Tenth Service @ 32 k km . ₹ 4,754

Blue Bird got its tenth service done at Sri Velavan Motors, Thousand Lights, Chennai, yesterday and today.

View attachment 710219 View attachment 710220

B Bird had been running with the stock OE clutch cable and the spark plugs for 32 k km. So, I requested for replacement of both. In the last ninth service at 26 k km, the throttle cable was replaced on my request. I noticed oil leakage on the engine and the crankcase [both on RHS] after returning from my GJ ride. So, I asked the service adviser to check thoroughly and replace the gaskets, if necessary. Since it was 6 k km after the last service, I asked for the replacement of engine oil and the filters. SA advised me in vain to go in for their package for 30 k km, which included replacement of many small and sundry items [like brake fluid reservoir kit, oil-level window, etc.], totally costing ₹ 5,500 and also the chain and the sprocket. I said, no to all these.

View attachment 710221
Sir ur thread is epic. And very informative i wish I am able ride like u some day right now i have only Sundays off.
Hats off to u sir. Keep it flowing.

J.Ravi

Petrol Powered + Diesel Driven
New MRF Nylogrip Zapper C Tyre With Tube . ₹ 2,300

Today, I received a call from the friendly neighbourhood tyre dealer, Lal Enterprises, Chennai about the arrival of the tyre for my bird; took my bird in the evening and got the new tyre fitted. I am hopeful that the new tyre would serve me as well as its predecessor.

DSC07867.JPG

DSC07869.JPG

DSC07877.JPG

DSC07879.JPG

DSC07881.JPG

DSC07883.JPG

J.Ravi

Petrol Powered + Diesel Driven
Fourth Birthday

Today, Blue Bird celebrates her fourth birthday. I wish her many more happy returns of the day. Even after 32 k km in four years, my bird runs on stock OE clutch, chain, sprocket, front tyre, bulbs, etc.

On this joyous occasion, I present a video made with my new SJCAM M20 that I bought from Ali Express for $ 121.04 [₹ 8,181.96] including a selfie stick, remote control, wrist band, extra battery, charger and many more accessories, which were received as a registered parcel from Singapore to Chennai within 14 days without any customs duty.

2017_0414_175640_005.JPG
2017_0414_180216_006.JPG

While the shooting took hardly half-hour, the post-production works like trimming, editing, uploading, etc., using MS Photos and You Tube, consumed several hours.

I sincerely hope that my bird would take me to many more states and UT in the years to come.

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Fourth Birthday

Today, Blue Bird celebrates her fourth birthday. I wish her many more happy returns of the day. Even after 32 k km in four years, my bird runs on stock OE clutch, chain, sprocket, front tyre, bulbs, etc.

On this joyous occasion, I present a video made with my new SJCAM M20 that I bought from Ali Express for $ 121.04 [₹ 8,181.96] including a selfie stick, remote control, wrist band, extra battery, charger and many more accessories, which were received as a registered parcel from Singapore to Chennai within 14 days without any customs duty.

View attachment 711152 View attachment 711153

While the shooting took hardly half-hour, the post-production works like trimming, editing, uploading, etc., using MS Photos and You Tube, consumed several hours.

I sincerely hope that my bird would take me to many more states and UT in the years to come.
Happy birthday to blue bird sir ji.
Very nice camera congrats.

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Yesterday, I made another video with the handlebar mount and waterproof case. But, I am not satisfied with the outcome.

Thanks, Gaurav Chopra.

Thank you, IJS.
Looks like a problem with image stabilization or it is due to natural vibrations of the bird.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Seems like the camera is struggling to gather data or process it.

Is the unedited video the same or does it have better quality?

How low was the light?

Were you using any manual settings?

Have you tried shooting at 30fps?