My RE TB 500 Motorcycle Diaries

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Yesterday evening, I visited Royal Enfield Brand Store, Adayar, Chennai and had a second test-ride of Interceptor 650. Here are the details of my first test-ride. I was the third in the queue. I was told that I could ride as much as I liked. Nobody from the store accompanied me. I rode for 8 km on the Besant Nagar beach road and around and returned to the store as more people were waiting for the test-ride. I got used to the semi-forward riding position and the foot peg position. I did not feel any heat during that 8 km-long ride. I could go upto 80 kmph in 3,500 rpm in the sixth gear and enjoyed the ride fully. After the test-ride, I gave a detailed feedback on their laptop. I have already decided to book one in Orange Crush in the new year. :)

View attachment 758339 View attachment 758340

I have decided to book one in Feb 2019. :) Sure, I will inform you.

Yes, a couple of months, perhaps.
Congrats sir.

Sent from my Lenovo K8 Note using Tapatalk

J.Ravi

Petrol Powered + Diesel Driven
Today, I test-rode Royal Enfield Inerceptor 650 on ECR, Chennai for 16 km mostly in triple-digit speeds @ 5 k rpm.
DSC09933.JPG

DSC09934.JPG

DSC09944.JPG

DSC09948.JPG

Reactions: IJS

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Today, I test-rode Royal Enfield Inerceptor 650 on ECR, Chennai for 16 km mostly in triple-digit speeds @ 5 k rpm.
View attachment 759439
View attachment 759440
View attachment 759441
View attachment 759442
Sir one question , did you feel and awkwardness or discomfort due to the placement of footpegs as highlighted by few owners and by some reviewers , as when i test rode it i didn't even noticed it even by pulling it back by my feets.
Rear passenger footpegs are slightly on the higher side.
And what about he seat cushion on your ride of 16km is it too soft or ok.
I took a 5 or 6kms ride and didn't feel anything wrong.
This bike is tempting me to jump back to re wagon.

J.Ravi

did you feel and awkwardness or discomfort due to the placement of footpegs as highlighted by few owners and by some reviewers , as when i test rode it i didn't even noticed it even by pulling it back by my feets.
Yes, the footpegs are not like my Thunderbird 500's cruiser style. But then, I am used to this as it was my third test-ride. I did not feel uncomfortable.

what about he seat cushion on your ride of 16km is it too soft or ok.
Again, I would have liked my Thunderbird 500's contoured seat. But, now I don't have any complaints. The seat cushion was adequate.

This bike is tempting me to jump back to re wagon.
Me too! :) My son has already booked a black [Mark Three] and is waiting for delivery. I will use it for a couple of months and then book one for me as replacement for Blue Bird.

Sorry for my late reply as I am at Guwahati now and driving to Mizoram and Tripura.

Reactions: IJS

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Yes, the footpegs are not like my Thunderbird 500's cruiser style. But then, I am used to this as it was my third test-ride. I did not feel uncomfortable.

Again, I would have liked my Thunderbird 500's contoured seat. But, now I don't have any complaints. The seat cushion was adequate.

Me too! :) My son has already booked a black [Mark Three] and is waiting for delivery. I will use it for a couple of months and then book one for me as replacement for Blue Bird.

Sorry for my late reply as I am at Guwahati now and driving to Mizoram and Tripura.
Thanks for reply sir.

J.Ravi

After replacing the battery for the second time after two-and-half years and eleventh servicing at 33,086 km, it has come back to life like the proverbial 'Phoenix' after hibernating for more than 4 months. I kick-started my bird and took it to the battery shop for replacement. Then onward, it rode smoothly with self-starter.
The 10-month old 14 AH battery did not hold the charge, if the bird remained unused for more than 3 days. I had to kick-start it to bring back the life into Blue Bird. Then, I charged it using CTEK trickle charger. Even then, it used to lose charge after 3 days of non-usage. Then, I visited the dealer [Mallika Battery Service, TTK Road, Chennai] and explored the possibility of getting a new one under warranty. The dealer replaced it with their service battery, observed it for a couple of days and got me a new one under warranty! :) Now, I don't take chance. Whenever Blue Bird is in hibernation, I connect it with the trickle charger, so that it will be fully charged, whenever I return and use it. On another occasion, I got the breather tube connected to the RHS crank case, RHS fork tube and fork oil changed at the Company Service Station, OMR, Chennai. Apart from these maintenance issues, Blue Bird does its intra city domestic duties very well. I could not take B Bird out on a long ride since 2 years. I should do something about it ASAP.

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
The 10-month old 14 AH battery did not hold the charge, if the bird remained unused for more than 3 days. I had to kick-start it to bring back the life into Blue Bird. Then, I charged it using CTEK trickle charger. Even then, it used to lose charge after 3 days of non-usage. Then, I visited the dealer [Mallika Battery Service, TTK Road, Chennai] and explored the possibility of getting a new one under warranty. The dealer replaced it with their service battery, observed it for a couple of days and got me a new one under warranty! :) Now, I don't take chance. Whenever Blue Bird is in hibernation, I connect it with the trickle charger, so that it will be fully charged, whenever I return and use it. On another occasion, I got the breather tube connected to the RHS crank case, RHS fork tube and fork oil changed at the Company Service Station, OMR, Chennai. Apart from these maintenance issues, Blue Bird does its intra city domestic duties very well. I could not take B Bird out on a long ride since 2 years. I should do something about it ASAP.

That is one handy looking charging you have got sir, compact and neat.
On the battery front my twin has got 12v 12ah Vrla battery.

Sent from my RMX1851 using Tapatalk

suvnkr

Yes, It has become the life-saving system to my bird and car. Thanks, IJS.

Yes, I noted it first when I examined my son's one month old INT 650.
View attachment 766444
Hat' off Ravi Sir Great travellers. Reg. battery, I already change 4 batteries in my electra 350 purchased on August 2015.If battery is dead you can't start by kick. I have changed 2 dry batteries also same thing was happend. Sir, my bike run daily 22 to 25 km. If battery is dead on the middle of the journey it is very painful.
Sir one question to you please. We have not received your new bike travel log long time. Any reason behind it. Though it is a personal matter sorry.