Nagaland in Christmas week

Hi,

After a hiatus of 2 years travelling just to goa and Rajasthan, finally there is a window of opportunity to travel (again) to North-east in the last week of december. Have been to Sikkim and Meghalaya earlier and thoroughly enjoyed both places and now planning to do nagaland this time. However, the resources on net are fairly limited, and I was planning a trip to Kiphire, which is even more difficult to plan. Really hoping to finalize the details in next few days, else may have to do Tawang / Munsiyari, which are fairly easy to plan.

The plan: Fly to dimapur from Mumbai, and then Kohima, Djukou valley, Phutsero / phek, Meluri, Kiphire and back. 2 kids 11, 7, who would love to go on a walk, do some water activities, if possible. ILP, i suppose is available online, but havent tried so far.

Given we have 9 days from Mumbai and almost 2 days in flight and transit, planning to skip Mon, Mokokchung and Longwa as I had to pick one of these of Phutsero/kiphire. any specific info on Kiphire is welcome. The kiphire local admin site had info on govt. stays, but we are ok for homestays etc as well.

A few things i wanted to understand:
  1. Taxi: Any recommendations on driver / vehicle. I generally prefer to take an Innova for the entire trip. What are the approximate rates in Nagaland. Given the travel to off-beat places, would probably prefer a local driver, who is conversant in english / hindi
  2. Stay options. I think it would be fairly easy to get stays at dimapur and Kohima, but any ideas on Pfutsero / meluri or Kiphire. Preference is to stay near nature and clean rooms, given the location, I dont expect any luxuries anyways
  3. Any suggestions on activities there. there are 6 of us and would love to try our hand at fishing / cliff jumping / snorkelling / kayaking etc, if there is any provision there