Naku: Unsung Hamlet Travel Report

Rahul4640

Mr. Tenzing Sherpa waited for us with his new Savari car and as soon as we had reached, he quickly transferred our entire luggage on the roof of his car. It was 3 pm and all of us darely need some foods to satisfy our hunger. As per Mr. tensing the road ahead towards Legship is in worst condition and we need another 3 hours to reach without stop. So no break before Geyzing, we started our second innings in Savari.........Naku was not so far away..........
Nice thread, as usual. Eagerly awaiting for further posts with lots of pictures. But what about is this "Savari Car"? Is it a special vehicle of any kind? Please explain.

debashish.chakraborty

Nice thread, as usual. Eagerly awaiting for further posts with lots of pictures. But what about is this "Savari Car"? Is it a special vehicle of any kind? Please explain.
I need single car for 9 people with a 3 yrs child and Max or Bolero even sumo not sufficient for those. As no Tempo traveler is in Sikkim region, I had opted Savari (Not special - very ordinary) which used as the Route car for local passengers. Though these cars are not used for traveling but one of my friend (Off-beat Tour Operator-Neel Digante Travels) told me that he used Savari for sightseeing in West Sikkim Region for his trip. He had arranged the car for me from Jorethang & it was spacious for us. Its one type of jeep-like car but comfortable for 8/9 people with 2 in front, 3+3 in middle & 1+1 in rare(avoided in bumpy road).

debashish.chakraborty

Where is the Resort???

The road from Jorethang to Legship totally were in bad shape due to heavy rainfall before and with any noticeable event we had reached near Geyzing & had stopped beside a local tea-shop to refresh. The Rangeet is flowing nearby and we had utilized the tea-making time by strolling near the river bed. We had spent some beautiful time there & finally started towards Pelling.

It was 5:30 pm and my driver was not so confident about the location of Lumthang Resort, Naku. We had reached the junction of Lower & Middle pelling, took right turn from Fuel Station and started our journey towards the village after some chit-chat with local people. It was covered with dense long trees and within darkness all of us was looking here & there to find the resort direction. Road was not so smooth, after 15-20 minutes Mr Tenzing helplessly asked me to call the resort again for proper direction. Suddenly I had found a board of Naku Resort with black arrow sign which indicate to go further down. There was another resort named Ifseen Villa just beside the road. We had stopped, but there was not a single person nearby to enquire about our resort. The road was bending full and after some downward proceeding, we found another direction board with a bulb glowing on top. The long arrow indicated to move further downwards.

There was absolutely no one along the trail and the forest was really dense with very little light entering. I had asked to stop the car, started telephonic conversation with the Manager:

Manager: Did you find the Glow-sign board?

Me: No, but find 2 boards, one without light & another one with a 100W bulb glowing on it. We had just crossed Ifseen Villa.

Manager: Ohh, you are still 500mt upward. Our resort is below. I want to talk with your driver.

I had immediately handed-over my phone to Mr. Tenzing and after some drive in dark condition, we found the board and spotted the well-lit resort straight 100m below. We managed to find our hotel with great difficulty as it was on the outskirts of town with not properly lit signage and all the roads were pitch dark What a relief...Naku at last...

We had finally reached. As soon as we had reached before the resort, the manager himself greeted us with warm smile. Two of his persons helped us to carry our luggage into our rooms. I loved the resort at very first sighting; the rooms were awesome & so spacious for 4 persons. The wooden interior design really caught my attention. Before the cottage there was a small garden with some wooden benches & a well-designed place used for bon-fire. The dotted lights of Yaksum & Gyalshing block were properly visible from here. Wow, what a location..........

It was 7 O’clock in Naku. The tea was served in room but we preferred to have it in balcony. Cloud-Moonlight combination made our evening chit-chat more interesting & memorable. We had our dinner at 10 pm and went for sleep to overcome the 7 hours tiredness in road. Good Night........