Narkanda During First Half of November

Justtraveller

Hi All,
Planning to visit Narkanda during second week of November(Tentative dates 13-19 November). Is it ok during this period? Snow is not a major criteria.

If I am planning during Christmas/New Year break then will it be much crowded? I suppose hotel rates will be much higher also.

Need advice on which period should be selected to have a relaxing holiday. Is it advisable to choose HPTDC hotels for stay? Though snow is not mandatory but it will be added advantage.

Thank You.

skysat2005

Super User
Hi All,
Planning to visit Narkanda during second week of November(Tentative dates 13-19 November). Is it ok during this period? Snow is not a major criteria.

If I am planning during Christmas/New Year break then will it be much crowded? I suppose hotel rates will be much higher also.

Need advice on which period should be selected to have a relaxing holiday. Is it advisable to choose HPTDC hotels for stay? Though snow is not mandatory but it will be added advantage.

Thank You.
Narkanda is good throughout the year. You can plan as per your convenience. During winters, the snow adds to the adventure. Christmas and New year time is certainly expensive and availability can be a concern.

HPTDC Hatu is now renovated and much better. There are quite a few other good options as well.