National Highway 9 (Pune- Hyderabad- Vijaywada) updates

drvbs

Vagabonding 24*7
Hi BCM team

Does anyone have the latest update on NH9 condition which serves as a major route for Mumbai-Pune-Solapur-Hyderabad ??

I learnt that Poona-Solapur - 250 kms is 4 laned recently. But has anyone here undertaken a journey on this new road recently ?? How good is the quality of 4 lane, whether its completely finished or still works are pending ?? Whats the construction status of the highway beyond Solapur all the way till Hyderabad ?

One of my friend's is doing a car journey next month from Pune to Solapur- break- then Hyderabad ? I needed info on the same.

Please keep updating NH9 conditions those who frequently travel on this road.

Thanks

Last edited:

drvbs

Vagabonding 24*7
Hi [MENTION=19732]suyash_tripathi[/MENTION] Any updates you have on this ,especially Pune-Solapur status ??

suyash_tripathi

Hi BCM team

Does anyone have the latest update on NH9 condition which serves as a major route for Mumbai-Pune-Solapur-Hyderabad ??

I learnt that Poona-Solapur - 250 kms is 4 laned recently. But has anyone here undertaken a journey on this new road recently ?? How good is the quality of 4 lane, whether its completely finished or still works are pending ?? Whats the construction status of the highway beyond Solapur all the way till Hyderabad ?

One of my friend's is doing a car journey next month from Pune to Solapur- break- then Hyderabad ? I needed info on the same.

Please keep updating NH9 conditions those who frequently travel on this road.

Thanks
In Pune-Solapur stretch 4 lane work is going on but the roads remains in good condition. From Solapur to Hyderabad some patches have potholes and bad roads but overall ok, It takes around 7 hours to do Solapur-Hyderabad (300 kms). The best route is Pune-Aurangabad-Jalna-Nanded-Nirmal (join NH-7)-Hyderabad. All excellent route with majority of 4 lane roads. Hyderabad-Vijaywada is all excellent 4 lane road. One can use Hyderabad Outer Ring Road to bypass the congested city.

Last edited:

drvbs

Vagabonding 24*7
In Pune-Solapur stretch 4 lane work is going on but the roads remains in good condition. From Solapur to Hyderabad some patches have potholes and bad roads but overall ok, It takes around 7 hours to do Solapur-Hyderabad (300 kms). The best route is Pune-Aurangabad-Jalna-Nanded-Nirmal (join NH-7)-Hyderabad. All excellent route with majority of 4 lane roads. Hyderabad-Vijaywada is all excellent 4 lane road. One can use Hyderabad Outer Ring Road to bypass the congested city.
Thanks for the info :) Hope the Pune-Solapur 4 laning work finishes at the earliest

drvbs

Vagabonding 24*7
Guys, had a drive recently on the all new NH65 ( former NH9) from Poona to Solapur-250 kms. I am glad to report that the 4 laning work is beautifully done in about 90% sector. 10% is still remaining and can be expected to take another 5-6 months to finish. I will soon post the pics here.

Traveller55

That's great news. But can you elaborate on the 10% that's yet to get ready. How bad are these sections and how many kilometres would come under this classification of "incomplete"

Traveller55

Can anyone help with where does one turn off the Pune Solapur highway to get to Bijapur? Also what sort of road can I expect on this section?

travelfreaks

That's great news. But can you elaborate on the 10% that's yet to get ready. How bad are these sections and how many kilometres would come under this classification of "incomplete"
The incomplete section would constitute around 20-30kms. The road condition itself is good but the only problem is it becomes a single lane road due to work in progress in the other half of the road. It is near a place called Tembhurni that you will find the road work going on. No need to worry on the condition of the road but need to be careful of the incoming traffic.

drvbs

Vagabonding 24*7
Exactly as described below by [MENTION=41516]travelfreaks[/MENTION] . From Poona to Tembhurni its completed 4 lane which is very nice, the tarmac,the markings, the signboards,the traffic levels are fantastic. Tembhurni town is most likely getting a bypass. The highway narrows to 2 lane undivided road for rest 8 kms and there after you will come across some stretches of 2 lane or traffic let open on only one completed carriageway out of the 4 lanes. Overall, its about 20 kms of 2 lane but these stretches are nevertheless good. You need to take care of oncoming traffic thats all. The best part is that Tembhurni railway crossing overbridge is completed now. There are quite a good no. of fuel stations and couple of restaurants on the Poona-solapur section ( not comparable to the quantity and high standards of NH4 though. May be in 1 year this highway will emerge with many facilities enroute ). Overall it will take another 5-7 months for entire NH9 Poona-Solapur section to become a hassle free nonstop 4 laner.

Sonai pure veg restaurant at Uruli Kanchan,Pune was pretty good. Solapur to Bijapur road conditions are not very good enough and remember its the trucker's paradise on 2 lane undivided road. The trucker's paradise starts from NH3 at Dhule in Maharashtra that continues via Manmad-Shirdi-Nagar-Karmala-Tembhurni-Solapur-till Bijapur-Hospet-Chitradurga in Karnataka. I witnessed heavy truck traffic early morning around 6.30-11 a.m on Tembhurni-Karmala-Nagar highway- the tarmac was pretty good though and this sector is also undergoing 4 laning and may take another year to complete. Looks like after 2 years Maharashtra is gonna see best 4/6 lane highways at most of the places.

I would still suggest you to take NH4 all the way till Hubli and then drive to Hampi via NH63. The Poona-Satara section of NH4 still remains in shambles but its doable as some patchwork is done over the potholes and moreover NH4 is a different thing to travel altogether- its the best highway considering many aspects needed during travel.
The incomplete section would constitute around 20-30kms. The road condition itself is good but the only problem is it becomes a single lane road due to work in progress in the other half of the road. It is near a place called Tembhurni that you will find the road work going on. No need to worry on the condition of the road but need to be careful of the incoming traffic.
- - - Updated - - -

BTW the camera went with my sis and photos of highway are in that, will see when I can post them here. There were 5 tolls between Poona and Solapur. At the second toll you are just required to show the receipt of first toll ( that is amount paid at Loni Kalbhor Toll in Pune city ), thereafter you need to pay at every toll.

- - - Updated - - -

But what I can guess is NH9 or recently named NH65 is all the way to go from Poona to Hyderabad now. People were taking Solapur-Gulbarga-Sedam detour to reach Hyderabad as NH9 beyond Solapur was in bad shape. Looks like even that sector is up for 4 laning now and patchwork is done at most places